GWT: English Premier League: 12/28 - 12/30/2015

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Huge six points from these two fixtures. Hopped over a load of teams in the process.

Massive result. One point from the West Ham game would be nice too.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
The attempts from Ibe and Benteke to seal the win were embarrassing. Will be interesting to see what Liverpool do in January, because they'll need to spend some serious money.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
The attempts from Ibe and Benteke to seal the win were embarrassing. Will be interesting to see what Liverpool do in January, because they'll need to spend some serious money.

or hopefully sturridge doesnt break in half once again, because when he is healthy he is one the best strikers in the epl.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don't think that Liverpool need to spend serious money to get this team rolling. They're getting pretty good results anyway and all they need is a bit more composure and confidence in the final third.

Sometimes that just takes one goal. Firmino especially needs it and was robbed today.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Huge six points from these two fixtures. Hopped over a load of teams in the process.

Massive result. One point from the West Ham game would be nice too.

We will hopefully get three from West Ham. They aren't the same without Payet, and they are better on the road.

We need to make up some of the points we threw away earlier this month.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Went to Carragher's in New York for this one. Pretty nice place.

The misses from Benteke recently have been BRUTAL.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Went to Carragher's in New York for this one. Pretty nice place.

The misses from Benteke recently have been BRUTAL.

I was there myself a couple of weeks ago but unfortunately there was no game. I'll be back.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Benteke's misses have fortunately meant nothing. The thing is, he's won two games in a row for us with good finishes, and I couldn't imagine him possibly playing any worse.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Benteke's misses have fortunately meant nothing. The thing is, he's won two games in a row for us with good finishes, and I couldn't imagine him possibly playing any worse.

Benteke is so weird. He is simultaneously their best and worst forward.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Nice crowd for the afternoon start. I asked the bartender if they usually open for early starts and they will be open for the West Ham Match :laugh:

"Yellow". Haha.

And Allardyce called Klopp a "soft German" for thinking it was Red Card.

I used to get up to NYC a lot more before i moved from North Jersey to Shore Jersey, but I still make it up as much as I can, and am usually up at least twice a month for work. I'd be lying if I said I never coordinated a work visit with a game. I will definitly be up again in early 2016 to check out Carragher's. If i go during the weekend it'll have to be a late start, but a mid week game might be more likely.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
We will hopefully get three from West Ham. They aren't the same without Payet, and they are better on the road.

We need to make up some of the points we threw away earlier this month.

Payet, Reid, Moses, and Cresswell should all be back in the team.

There's no doubting how important Payet is, but half the damn team (more than that really, a lot of injuries in the same positions) was injured for a while there. I'm happy we treaded water the way we did. No doubt in my mind we'd be in a top-4 dogfight right now if we didn't have that avalanche of bad luck. As is, Sakho being out hurts.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Our success at the moment depends on the Sakho-Lovren partnership. If it is as legitimately good as it would appear, Liverpool should keep a clean sheet and get a point or three. Given they can't score at the moment, probably just the point. Under Klopp, Lovren's looked like the player we thought we were getting from Southampton. If it isn't a legitimate partnership we'll get turned over.

Not the end of the world if we can't get anything from this fixture so it's a rare time where I won't be worried about it going into the match.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

There's no doubting how important Payet is, but half the damn team (more than that really, a lot of injuries in the same positions) was injured for a while there. I'm happy we treaded water the way we did. No doubt in my mind we'd be in a top-4 dogfight right now if we didn't have that avalanche of bad luck. As is, Sakho being out hurts.

I had a feeling that you guys would win at Anfield so I hope we can return the favor.

Win Jiggys Loft

Jun 16, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

Every damn year this happens. Seven first team players out at one point! I definitely agree with you on that last point. ****ing Everton taking out Payet boned us.

Hawks Win

Apr 24, 2015
Arsenal won't be winning the title. They have to play away at City, Utd, Liverpool, Stoke, Everton and Spurs. This is usually when the wheels will begin falling off. I can't see them winning more than 1 game from those fixtures.

First of all there is no way yet to know how many of these games Arsenal will win or not.

Second of all most of these games will be over until the end of February which means there will be three more months of EPL football.

Third of all every team you mentioned also has to play against the others and all of them will drop points.

Fourth of all just two seasons ago nobody counted lfc as a contender until they made 6-7 (I do not remember exactly) consecutive wins in the spring and became first with the greatest chance of success. They were just one slip away from the title.

The point here is that Arsenal's fixtures after February may be considered as favourable for a decisive title run even from behind.

Of course presuming they will not screw up completely in January and February and the important players start returning from injuries one by one ASAP. In addition we do not know who may sign with Arsenal in January.

There is still too many "IFs".

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
First of all there is no way yet to know how many of these games Arsenal will win or not.

Second of all most of these games will be over until the end of February which means there will be three more months of EPL football.

Third of all every team you mentioned also has to play against the others and all of them will drop points.

Fourth of all just two seasons ago nobody counted lfc as a contender until they made 6-7 (I do not remember exactly) consecutive wins in the spring and became first with the greatest chance of success. They were just one slip away from the title.

The point here is that Arsenal's fixtures after February may be considered as favourable for a decisive title run even from behind.

Of course presuming they will not screw up completely in January and February and the important players start returning from injuries one by one ASAP. In addition we do not know who may sign with Arsenal in January.

There is still too many "IFs".

They were unbeaten in sixteen matches starting January 1 until losing to Chelsea in April. They had a run of eleven consecutive wins in that window, but I specifically remember them being identified as title contenders after their win at Fulham on February 12.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad