GWT: English Premier League: 11/28 - 11/29/2015

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Six points back from the top with everyone bar Sakho now back from injury. Lovren in particular looks to be much improved in his appearances under Klopp. Excited to see what's ahead.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Six points back from the top with everyone bar Sakho now back from injury. Lovren in particular looks to be much improved in his appearances under Klopp. Excited to see what's ahead.
That's because then defense is not asked to play with the ball.

You can also see that Klopp is unhappy with the lack of forward passes from his players.

One apparent remaining characteristic from Rodgers team it's that useless possession.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Martial in a bit of a dry spell right now. Don't know why LVG is still employing him out wide.

That Bennett shove on Sanchez wasn't good at all.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Diego Costa the man child

Obviously not a fan of Costa myself, but Mourinho and Chelsea are freaking ridiculous. I fail to understand how nobody else sees their situation as anything but pure insanity. They are relying on Hazard and/or Costa to produce magic week in and week out with zero support. If they don't play otherworldly, it's their fault. If they do, Mourinho is a genius. What do you expect Costa to do when he gets zero service? Stars freaking aligned last year.

It's whack. I hope that Mourinho never leaves Chelsea. And if he does, please go to a rival of Arsenal. He'll destroy anything positive.

Still think that he should be managing clubs toiling in the relegation zone with average players and average budgets, instead of clubs with infinite piles of money and resources.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Wenger knew Sanchez was dealing with a sore hamstring prior to the game, and still played him. That's not bad luck.

This is a long term pattern with Arsenal. It's not luck.

Agreed completely. It's unbelievable that Wenger wouldn't have held Alexis back knowing about the injury, and he seems responsible for a large part of Arsenal's injury problems over the years.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Wenger knew Sanchez was dealing with a sore hamstring prior to the game, and still played him. That's not bad luck.

This is a long term pattern with Arsenal. It's not luck.

Yup. Sanchez is definitely that type of workhorse who would love to go out there and say he's fine, even if he should not be playing, like Toews. But this isn't new under Wenger, playing slightly injured players because in reality he doesn't have anybody else to play. Because everyone else is injured under him, and the main reason has to be him. This team for far too long has had way too many injuries to let it be just a fluke, he's gotta be the reason for it.

So now Sanchez is out for two weeks. Didn't buy a replacement for Coquelin and now played an injured Sanchez. Also doesn't think Mertesacker needs to be replaced either. I also read that Arsenal in the last two to three games have only allowed 3 shots on goal and all three of those have gone in. :laugh:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
On the other hand Liverpool's lack of creativity without Coutinho in the side was pretty apparent. I kind of wish that Klopp would give Teixeira more of a chance. He's been great in his brief time with the first team, and if you watch the u21 games he's clearly much too good to be playing there anymore. He has a lot of similar qualities to Coutinho really (though he lacks pace). He's clearly a talent though and Liverpool could have used him while Coutinho was out.

Hope he gets more looks moving forward because he's fun to watch.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Agreed completely. It's unbelievable that Wenger wouldn't have held Alexis back knowing about the injury, and he seems responsible for a large part of Arsenal's injury problems over the years.

Add in the fact that it was Norwich on the road too.

Not saying risking a guy's health is ever smart, but if this were a huge match I could see how he plays. But a relegation candidate, in the cold and rain? Come on.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
On the other hand Liverpool's lack of creativity without Coutinho in the side was pretty apparent. I kind of wish that Klopp would give Teixeira more of a chance. He's been great in his brief time with the first team, and if you watch the u21 games he's clearly much too good to be playing there anymore. He has a lot of similar qualities to Coutinho really (though he lacks pace). He's clearly a talent though and Liverpool could have used him while Coutinho was out.

Hope he gets more looks moving forward because he's fun to watch.

Liverpool is a weirdly constructed team but they are only 6 points off first with all of their tough away games done and they have the best manager in the league. Things could be worse.

That being said I 100% agree that their creativity dies without Coutinho, so if they can shift out one of their box to box guys for a play maker it would be a step in the right direction.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I also read that Arsenal in the last two to three games have only allowed 3 shots on goal and all three of those have gone in. :laugh:

Come on, Cech has made some great stops to keep them alive, most recently against Gabriel, for example...

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Come on, Cech has made some great stops to keep them alive, most recently against Gabriel, for example...
You should read again, I never said that was a "fact", I said I read it ...most notably from an article on ScoreMobile. Or maybe they were talking strictly about the game against Norwich, I don't know. I've quite busy and haven't really been able to watch the last three Arsenal games, just highlights of the goals.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
You should read again, I never said that was a "fact", I said I read it ...most notably from an article on ScoreMobile. Or maybe they were talking strictly about the game against Norwich, I don't know. I've quite busy and haven't really been able to watch the last three Arsenal games, just highlights of the goals.

Based on his reference to one of the saves being on his own defender, I think he's joking

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So Ngolo Kanté sure didn't take a lot of time proving his worth in the EPL.
Nobody talks about him, but he seems to be a cornerstone for Leicester now. Quality little player, exactly what any team needs.

Bargain of last summer as I said at the time.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
So Ngolo Kanté sure didn't take a lot of time proving his worth in the EPL.
Nobody talks about him, but he seems to be a cornerstone for Leicester now. Quality little player, exactly what any team needs.

Bargain of last summer as I said at the time.
He plays like Makelele very underrated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad