GDT: Endtimes: The Pits vs Captain Tom Wilson - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1712282606359.gif

Well it's not all bad news: I do have a game puck to award and it's to Alex Ovechkin.

Unfortunately I don't have any honorable mentions. Lapierre wasn't bad, so I guess I change my mind. He gets one.

Reactions: troyerlaw

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Not good enough in any aspect of the game. Only semi-bright spots were Ovie, Lappy, and in certain moments Fever, Jensen, and Sandin. But lord, the rest of 'em had nothing. We played that second period as if we were the ones leading 2-0. No spark, no anger. In years past I would have called it a gutless performance, but this same group has shown they have guts. Most of the year they have battled right to the end. Maybe we just running out of steam. Absence of Willy and Oshie down the stretch didn't help, and Lindgren coming back to earth was untimely too.

Oh well. There's still a chance. And since the team always does suck you back in, I kinda think we'll win tomorrow. That'd be fun. Or at least an Ovie goal. I can't believe he might hit 30 after that abysmal first half.

Also, I'd be fine with sending down Miro and Sgarbossa and bringing up Frank and Snively. Or just getting Iorio back in the lineup. I don't know. We need a jolt. We have hit the doldrums

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I honestly don’t want to see the P word around here till next year. Let the pens take first team out, Ovie goals, PT for the youth, and start looking at the draft.

I'm pretty drunk and angry right now. riding the metro home
On the green line listening to pens fans talk about “I can’t believe we are in the playoff hunt” makes me want to vomit

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland
Disappointing loss, but a little predictable. Pens were riding a hot streak and the Caps have been cooling off. I thought the Caps outplayed them in the first period, the bounces just didn't go their way. Lindgren played well, except for the third goal which I think he would want back. We just couldn't get anything going offensively. This is the time of year that a lot of young players hit a wall, and I think we might be seeing it. Coaches will need to make some adjustments to see if we can get the offensive spark back, otherwise playoffs are in question.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Carlson cost them a full minute of 5 on 3 with shitty positioning. He's been truly awful for at least a week.
Dude is overtaxed. He has been played too much, even though he can be a workhorse. Similar situation to Lindgren. If you overtaxed your top players, then they start to become physically tired and make mental mistakes they shouldn't be making.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Before I forget I hope they replace Locker next season. I can't stand to hear him anymore.
If enough of you who paying for seats make your voice heard to Ted and also send a message to his wallet, then Ted will have Locker fired, as Ted doesn't like negative press or profit money stolen from his pockets!

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Just want to reiterate my nomination for Oshie to take his job eventually
Actually Strome could easily do it! He's actually very good with analysis and stats! Ted could start a new Pro Sports/NHL Trend, live player giving game analysis on the bench/ice with Monumental Network mike connected to him throughout the game! Ted would be like :D 🤑💰💸!

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
View attachment 846294

Well it's not all bad news: I do have a game puck to award and it's to Alex Ovechkin.

Unfortunately I don't have any honorable mentions. Lapierre wasn't bad, so I guess I change my mind. He gets one.
How bout an Honorable Mention to Chucky Sideburns for his exemplary goaltending all season when almost nobody expected it. Dude my clear cut Vezina Winner(not candidate) for keeping this Jekyll & Hyde Caps team in the playoff race and actually having them in a playoff spot with only 8 games left before this team stinker tonight (almost everyone on the roster except for OV/Lindgren). Caps had no business to be even sniffing the playoffs like this, so late in the season!

Reactions: WanderingCapsFan

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Disappointing loss, but a little predictable. Pens were riding a hot streak and the Caps have been cooling off. I thought the Caps outplayed them in the first period, the bounces just didn't go their way. Lindgren played well, except for the third goal which I think he would want back. We just couldn't get anything going offensively. This is the time of year that a lot of young players hit a wall, and I think we might be seeing it. Coaches will need to make some adjustments to see if we can get the offensive spark back, otherwise playoffs are in question.
For just me, I would categorize it as more so deflating than disappointment because it was an extremely important game against our biggest rival, The Pen(!)s!

Reactions: WanderingCapsFan

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
If enough of you who paying for seats make your voice heard to Ted and also send a message to his wallet, then Ted will have Locker fired, as Ted doesn't like negative press or profit money stolen from his pockets!

I don't. I've been a fan for over 40 years but don't live close enough to regularly visit home games. All of this started with the big talk last week by the post game live crap. Locker is a nice guy, but he opens his mouth too much and plays the good cop.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I don't. I've been a fan for over 40 years but don't live close enough to regularly visit home games. All of this started with the big talk last week by the post game live crap. Locker is a nice guy, but he opens his mouth too much and plays the good cop.
I think Locker lasts through the Ovi era….

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
So red tank took a detour into NIMBY command headquarters in Del Ray and is raising hell and tearing up streets before moving to Rt. 1. A few garden gnomes and manicured tiny yards have been sacrificed to the treads of freedom.

Dog-Sitting-in-Toy-Tank.gif

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Yep. I'm not so optimistic anymore about the PO.
Beating the good teams and losing to bad teams.
I won't be surprise if we take 2 pts against Carolina.

On the other side from the start of the season we never should make it.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Saw this mentioned elsewhere: Dowd is -12 in 12 games since returning. Ouch.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Saw this mentioned elsewhere: Dowd is -12 in 12 games since returning. Ouch.

I've been wondering if he was disappointed that he didn't get traded. Because he has been really bad since his return. Negative impact player on most nights and his only actually good performance since returning was against the Bruins.

Reactions: um

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Lot of mileage on Dowd. My best TXMD guess is that the plethora of “little” injuries he’s had over the past 2 seasons in the aggregate add up and kind of cascade into additional physical compromises that result from the body trying to compensate and adapt while still under duress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad