End of Winnipeg Jets Sell-out Streak

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
With all the discounts they are doing now I would assume a freeze on price increases for next year

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
With all the discounts they are doing now I would assume a freeze on price increases for next year
interesting...i actually expect them to continue with the same increase as this season (was it 3%?)
For those who attended - which areas of the arena looked to have the empty seats?

KB1971

Dec 15, 2017
Surprised it took this long. There are a lot of negative factors working against TNSE, most by their own making.

Reactions: sipowicz

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
There are still people without power , they might have bigger priorities right now . Having said that , this is not a good thing , not at all .

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville

So continually increasing ticket prices above inflation? AHL, NHL, and WHL too much for the market to bear? Poor start to season? All of the above?

As a former STH:

1. Prices going up non-stop and outstripping inflation. Add to that concessions, and the cost of going to the game may have outreached the income of the ticket-buying fans.
2. Most STH had a plan to supplement costs by selling to the general public. With Kijiji no longer selling Jet tickets, and the lack of flexibility and fees of selling through any other service (including the Jets), tickets that would normally be sold by STH stay emptly.
3. A bad visiting team on a Tuesday night is a tough sell regardless of price.
4. The AHL draws flies most nights, so I don't consider them competition. However, the WHL may be a more dangerous threat. Plus, there are other things to spend one's money on... there have been several concerts lately, and that Cirque de Soleil thing on Kenaston is very expensive (the wifey may want you go to that at the expense of a Jets game).
5. Other than the draw of live NHL hockey (which should be enough most nights), there is precious little else offered to those who go to a game live. The cost is astronomical. The parking is expensive and a pain. It's a bottleneck just leaving the arena after the game. It's a school night for young kids. There are virtually zero perks once you're there (TNSE spend very little on shwag or production values). With most people possessing 60 inch high def screens and a liquor cabinet/fridge capable of housing much cheaper drink options, it almost makes up for the "live viewing experience".
6. Very negative off season, and a poor start to the regular season. Fans had patience during the first lean years, but the patience is wearing thin. A failure to properly restock the defense shelves and poor play on the ice is taking a toll as well.

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
interesting...i actually expect them to continue with the same increase as this season (was it 3%?)
For those who attended - which areas of the arena looked to have the empty seats?

The increase was 7% this season.
The Jets need Kijiji to be an option to sellers.

I'm able to buy lower bowl seats these days ..I've never seen so many available seats but more than once I've cancelled ticket purchases because of the $50 in "service fees". I'd even rather give the ticket holder that extra $.

Last edited:
Reactions: DannyGallivan

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

So continually increasing ticket prices above inflation? AHL, NHL, and WHL too much for the market to bear? Poor start to season? All of the above?

All of the above.
Plus:
6 years of building to a 1 year window of contention.
2 years of free fall and the landing still out of sight.

Gradually improving means optimism which means ticket sales even for a weak team. Sudden return to being a bad team means disappointment and pessimism which means fewer ticket sales.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
All of the above.
Plus:
6 years of building to a 1 year window of contention.
2 years of free fall and the landing still out of sight.

Gradually improving means optimism which means ticket sales even for a weak team. Sudden return to being a bad team means disappointment and pessimism which means fewer ticket sales.
That reflects point number six on my post (except you said it better... more "Snerdish").

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad