End of Season Projections?

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
As of right now, no playoffs. Probably right above Columbus. Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Filppula, Franzen, Brunner in that order. I'm thinking a #12-15 pick range. So just missing playoffs

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I see Detroit finishing 7-12 in the West. Its between Chicago and St Louis for division lead with Nashville probably coming in 3rd and Detroit and Columbus battling it out for #4.

icKx

Vanek 4 Prez
May 7, 2010
Intertubes
In the earlier poll I picked Zetterberg to lead the team in goal scoring.

But that was with the idea that he -- not Datsyuk -- would be playing left wing on the Eurotwin line. I'm not sure what to make of that setup.

I see Detroit finishing 7-12 in the West. Its between Chicago and St Louis for division lead with Nashville probably coming in 3rd and Detroit and Columbus battling it out for #4.

Solid prediction, have to agree.

Nice avatar btw :thumbu:

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
at this rate? every single regular on the team injured by March

except Quincey,just to piss people here off

seriously though I still expect them to make the Playoffs this year

Chicago and St. Louis are the clear front runners for the division this year but I see no reason the Wings can't finish above Nashville(although they may not)

the Wings really need to have Datsyuk and Zetterberg centering their own lines and have Filppula as a winger though

Dekesyuk

Apr 18, 2012
I have us either barley making the playoffs as an 8th seed or just missing

With Bertuzzi and Helm back this weekend and seeing the Eurotwins line come to an end is deffinitley a plus in my book.

I feel like these will be the lines we roll with:
Brunner Datsyuk Franzen
Filppula Zetterberg Bertuzzi
Samulesson Helm Cleary'

Given are D is shaky (especially without White) But Lashoff and Smith with extra minutes will step up to the occasion I feel and will not only develop but can hold down the blue line

Also Howard did play a great game against Dallas showing a little bit of hope.

(if it helps at all I have St.Louis winning the cup, Dallas actually making the playoffs also, i dont think we lost to bad teams although going to SO with Columbus was tough to see)

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
I have us either barley making the playoffs as an 8th seed or just missing

With Bertuzzi and Helm back this weekend and seeing the Eurotwins line come to an end is deffinitley a plus in my book.

I feel like these will be the lines we roll with:
Brunner Datsyuk Franzen
Filppula Zetterberg Bertuzzi
Samulesson Helm Cleary'

Given are D is shaky (especially without White) But Lashoff and Smith with extra minutes will step up to the occasion I feel and will not only develop but can hold down the blue line

Also Howard did play a great game against Dallas showing a little bit of hope.

(if it helps at all I have St.Louis winning the cup, Dallas actually making the playoffs also, i dont think we lost to bad teams although going to SO with Columbus was tough to see)

Ansar Khan reported lines at practice:

Franzen-Zetterberg-Brunner
Filppula-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
Cleary-Helm-Eaves
Miller-Abdeldkader-Tootoo

Kronwall-Lashoff
Quincey-Smith
Huskins-Kindl

Howard
McCollum

I'd rather see Pav centering that top line, maybe switch Bert and Franzen. Pav is too good at makig space for a shooter like Brunner, and I've always liked Bert and Pav together.

steafo

Sep 26, 2005
Michigan
Ansar Khan reported lines at practice:

Franzen-Zetterberg-Brunner
Filppula-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
Cleary-Helm-Eaves
Miller-Abdeldkader-Tootoo

Kronwall-Lashoff
Quincey-Smith
Huskins-Kindl

Howard
McCollum

I'd rather see Pav centering that top line, maybe switch Bert and Franzen. Pav is too good at makig space for a shooter like Brunner, and I've always liked Bert and Pav together.

I agree, I feel like the Brunner- Zetterberg "chemistry" thing is being played up far too much. It couldn't of been the fact that they were far and away better than the competition they were playing haha?

I think Z-Fil worked really well with Hudler last year ultimately I would like to see these lines.

Brunner-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
Fil-Z- Franzen
Eaves-Helm-Tootoo
Cleary-Abdelkader-Miller/Mursak/other scraps

Kronwall-Lashoff
Huskins-Smith
Kindl-Quincey

Sub out Quincey when E comes back

I've really liked what I have seen out of Tootoo this far. He is all hustle and I think the 3rd line would keep a lot of teams on their heels as well as keeping the opposing defenseman worried about being run through the boards on the forecheck

Last edited:

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I think without injuries, we're a 6-9 team. With injuries. I'd say we're a 7-12 team. If theoretically we were to miss the playoffs, I'd hope Holland would make the rare exception of trading up.(Which he is not known to do...) Go hard in the off season for whoever is left on the market and try again next year.(Though we should go hard in the off season regardless of making the playoffs or not.)

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall for points, imo.(barring injuries to any of the three, obviously)

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Standard predictions already done, I'll go for some more fun predictions.

Top scorer: Brunner

Best defenseman: Smith (assuming he is moved away from He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named!)

Biggest surprise (Pairing of Lashoff/Smith becomes the #3/#4 D-pairing) behind Kronwall-White or BigE

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Best defenseman: Smith (assuming he is moved away from He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named!)

:laugh:

Quincey.png

Really like this as his new nickname.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad