News Article: End of Season Press Conference

Oilers333

Jul 8, 2022
God I hope these guys stay. This time next year we’re gonna be talking about Drai.

Need to win one next year, that way they either decide to stay and go for more or if they move on at least we had a Cup with the boys
Ive said it a few times but I think as long as we keep making the playoffs and not getting bounced round 1 both will want to re-sign here. No franchise players ever leave the team that drafted them until the end of their career or unless they are traded. I think the real question is even with the cap set to start going up after next season. If we do pay Mcd and Drai will we be able to afford to have a team around them.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Ive said it a few times but I think as long as we keep making the playoffs and not getting bounced round 1 both will want to re-sign here. No franchise players ever leave the team that drafted them until the end of their career or unless they are traded. I think the real question is even with the cap set to start going up after next season. If we do pay Mcd and Drai will we be able to afford to have a team around them.

I think they will sign as long as the team is in the mix with the proviso of a gentleman's agreement that they can request a trade in 2-3 years if it still hasn't happened here to a destination of their choice and the Oilers will accomodate in that case (or they just pull the Pronger button).

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah I don’t think they’re desperate to leave. But they might feel hopeless if this keeps happening and if that’s the case I wouldn’t blame them. Feels like time is running out and I guess it slowly getting is, so if it doesn’t happen here soon I would leave if I were them and I love the Oilers.

Just have to win, simple as that.

Reasonable Oil Fan

Oct 7, 2022
In the Real World
God I hope these guys stay. This time next year we’re gonna be talking about Drai.

Need to win one next year, that way they either decide to stay and go for more or if they move on at least we had a Cup with the boys
I think they will stay
luckily we dont have to worry about contracts next year (that will be a tough one on us) and you have to expect the cap to go up substantially the year after with the escrow debt being repaid. maybe even go up a bit this coming year too to spread it out a bit.
Anyone think they might sign a bit of a discount deal to allow the team a bit more room?
I suppose the Matthews contract will set the table though

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
But... I saved on car insurance.

1684266195908.png

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Make Ekholm a player-coach. Have him responsible for coaching the defensive zone coverage. He can teach it to the coaching staff as well.

Reactions: Valhallis

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Have injury reports come out for any team these playoffs after elimination ? Seems like most clubs have been hush-hush.

Roderek

Dec 29, 2022
Have injury reports come out for any team these playoffs after elimination ? Seems like most clubs have been hush-hush.
Honestly if they are in the lineup, they are well enough to play, and an injury update is really only an excuse for poor performance.

If someone is now going for surgery I guess that is a slightly different ball game, but still begs the question should they have been in the lineup if they need surgery.

Oilers333

Jul 8, 2022
Honestly if they are in the lineup, they are well enough to play, and an injury update is really only an excuse for poor performance.

If someone is now going for surgery I guess that is a slightly different ball game, but still begs the question should they have been in the lineup if they need surgery.
Thats actually not really true. Its no secret that NHL players play through a shit ton of injuries in the playoffs.

Health and getting lucky in staying healthy is widely considered one of the main aspects of being a Stanley Cup team.

You could be the 77 Habs or the 84 Oilers but if your best players are hurt there is a good chance those teams dont win the cup.

Of course back then you had enforcers that would have hospitalized Peit if he tried something like that slash, not exactly the case anymore. I think there is a lot more dirty play in todays game.

Last edited:

independent observer

Apr 9, 2023
Connor praised Woodie… incredible attention to detail… sounds to me like a micro manager… guys we don‘t like in the business world…

I hope hockey is different. I guess he probably sees things here and there that he points out that helps players. But to be a successful coach other skills are needed too, like motivating players, have them ready to perform when it counts, make prudent decisions regarding players playing times, in game adjustments, game strategy and so forth. Maybe he ticks all the boxes and I am wrong on him.

Anyway, it looks like same mgt, coaching staff and core pieces next year. So more of the same… is this good enough to win the cup?

Apart of many issues we talked, I think one problem is player development. Young player affordable contracts would help.

Reactions: Puljulainen

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
I don’t think it’s too meaningful in anyway, but Connor has absolutely shit communication and no charisma. Draisaitl on the other hand almost always tries to provide a meaningful response and that effort in itself is very appreciated.

Drai is captain material through and through, regardless of what the morons externally have to say.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I don’t think it’s too meaningful in anyway, but Connor has absolutely shit communication and no charisma. Draisaitl on the other hand almost always tries to provide a meaningful response and that effort in itself is very appreciated.

Drai is captain material through and through, regardless of what the morons externally have to say.
Connor needs to go to finishing school

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

FEEEEEEL THE CHARISMA

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

And then what?
Flip the A with C and C with A.. who cares.
Both are leaders on and off the ice.. the letter means nothing.

Connor needs to go to finishing school
Low IQ responses.. let's run him out of town.

• Haha
Reactions: 2for1PizzaPastuh

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
And then what?
Flip the A with C and C with A.. who cares.
Both are leaders on and off the ice.. the letter means nothing.

Low IQ responses.. let's run him out of town.

Jesus, take a deep breath. I literally started off with “I don’t think it’s too meaningful in anyway.”

Sometimes I understand why other fanbases jump down our throats.

Reactions: LTIR

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG

Idk, he just sounded to me more dejected than usual in this particular presser.

Reactions: Duke74

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad