Post-Game Talk: End of Season Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
It Was An Up And Down Season (Post Game, Post Season Discussion)

It was a crazy, up and down, inconsistent season.

Only constant was the awesome craziness of HF.

Looking forward to next year.

:cheers:!

NYRangers1388

Oct 4, 2008
I saw no real ups in this season. It has been a miserable season since September. Worst season since the last lockout. Started w the lockout, in the middle was a total failure of cohesion and in the end was the final abysmal breakdown.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Mostly down.

Another fine season of HF hockey threads.

Eh, the past few years HF has helped make the season more enjoyable but this year i've really come to loathe posting sometimes. I'm a masochist, though.

Hopefully with the end of this ******** lockout season there's nowhere to go but up, both for the Rangers and for HF posters. :laugh:

DobHoc

Oct 29, 2011
Lundqvist needs to do himself a favor when his contract runs out.

Yeah...move to get a Stanley Cup. He will NEVER win with this team...won´t happen. This team is going to suck even more without Hank. Not a playoff team without Hank!

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
It was a ****** letdown is what it was.

A whole roster turnover and the only new guy to come in and impress was Brassard.

Nash was a no-show in the playoffs. I can't wait till next year when we still can't score more than 2 goals a game and get bounced early again. Same **** every year. It never changes.

We have nothing to look forward to.

GeoNYR

Jan 23, 2013
It was a ****** letdown is what it was.

A whole roster turnover and the only new guy to come in and impress was Brassard.

Nash was a no-show in the playoffs. I can't wait till next year when we still can't score more than 2 goals a game and get bounced early again. Same **** every year. It never changes.

We have nothing to look forward to.

Agreed. I'm at that point of fandom where I've lost all fantasy and hope that this team can win the Cup. It truly is the same thing every year, and that will likely continue for a while. 1994 is going to become the new 1940 soon enough.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
This was a painful season to watch. Kinda happy it's over.

I am happy I don't have to mute the tv and listen to the radio broadcast that is behind by a couple minutes...NBC I continue to realize is horrendous!!! and I am so glad I don't have to see or hear nbc again...I will do all I can to find a way to watch TSN feeds over NBC next season.

I am looking forward to the offseason, I don't want to see many changes, but a couple tweaks will make me happy, and I think Richards is bought out....

also, horrible officiating!!!

and I don't want to win a cup in a shortened season...its just not the same.

Zuuuuc

Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Not sure if there is another thread on this, if so it can be closed or merged.

Well it ended with a whimper, but lets not forget this was a team that was out of a playoff spot towards the later stages of the season. We had a top defenceman down for half the season and all but one playoff game. Our top two paid forwards combined for 2 goals in the playoffs, we had a stone age, inept coaching staff and we still made it to the second round on the back of our true leader Henrik Lundqvist.

I hate to say this, but I'm not even that upset right now. Obviously there was lots of pre season talk of how good this team could be with Nash Gaborik and Richards, but the way we played in this shortened season led many to believe there was still a way to go before we can give Lundqvist his cup.

Lets see what happens in the post season. Richards buy-out? Torts fired? Depth signings? Who knows, but this is a team that has won 3 playoff rounds (albeit all in 7 games) over the past two seasons, maybe this team is on to something

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
This sucks. Have to wait for next year now and learn from the STUPID ASS GOD DAMNED MISTAKES AUGH ****ING ****. ****. Seriously substantial changes to offense must be made and the PP bent us over and violated us this entire round. Fix the errors anf not by signing some stupid schmuck

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
I hurt.

Good season. Good guys. Everything's good.

Let's see what we do in the off season and let's start over next year. We'll be a better team.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Richards needs to go. I would like to see them re-sign Clowe for a reasonable price (if not, he can go). Trade one of Girardi or MDZ (preferably Girardi since he's a UFA after next year). Re-tool the 4th line.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Say No to Ruff

Please.

Torts has his problems but if its between him and Ruff I choose Torts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad