End of FFP

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It was a joke.

Thar being said If I was some of the few teams that got fines over the past few years I would be pissed.

Reactions: luiginb

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Actually I'm pretty sure it was Real, Juve, Bayern and co who had UEFA in their pockets with FFP. Bout time it ended.

So the problem is that UEFA has absolutely no credibility.

I was being sarcastic, but it is kind of obvious that at the end of the day, the clubs that lobby/corrupt the best get what they want. The governing body is a joke.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Was flawed from the beginning, targeted certain clubs from certain regions for the most part while the top five leagues largely got away with it (I know Man City and PSG were punished but no way would UEFA ban them like they did with several Turkish and Russian clubs)

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Was flawed from the beginning, targeted certain clubs from certain regions for the most part while the top five leagues largely got away with it (I know Man City and PSG were punished but no way would UEFA ban them like they did with several Turkish and Russian clubs)

Did you forget that UEFA actually did ban City for two years?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The rules before and after FFP are still quite restrictive, especially when it comes to how many homegrown players a squad needs to have for a match. I am not entirely sure, but I would prefer the UEFA for the CL/Europa include rules such as these so teams can't change half of their squad one transfer window like Chelsea did and allow to play every single one of them.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
Actually I'm pretty sure it was Real, Juve, Bayern and co who had UEFA in their pockets with FFP. Bout time it ended.

Can you explain Bayern? Im by far no fan. But "you" have to admit, its maybe the healthiest club in the world. They dont need a sheik or oligarch to be successful. Its the opposite its a club who has a advantage with FFP.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It's untenable because of covid. They need the influx of money to keep some of these clubs afloat. If not for overpaying, there won't be the revenues they're used to getting.

At some point, it will swing back, but the want for the money is the ONLY reason they're dropping this. If they enforced it, most of the top half of a lot of leagues will potentially be out of compliance.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Can you explain Bayern? Im by far no fan. But "you" have to admit, its maybe the healthiest club in the world. They dont need a sheik or oligarch to be successful. Its the opposite its a club who has a advantage with FFP.
Please, check who wanted the CL reform, who wanted the FFP and the super league.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
That relates to talks about the Champions League reform in 2016 when the top clubs threatened to organize their own version of the tournament if certain changes aren't made.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It's also foolish to think Bayern would stay out, if most of the rest of the clubs broke away, and the money was right. Probably more the latter than the former, but they would all do whatever it took to make the most profit, and stick with the group.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
German clubs other than perhaps Leipzig won't be able to join anything that would compromise domestic competitions.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Of course Bayern wanted FFP...they are one of the only “super teams” that currently lives within their means?

Basically didn’t change their team/plan at all while knee capping all oil barons.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00