END OF AN ERA: The Lou Lamoriello GM Appreciation Thread

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yes he is still president, but he is no longer GM and all accounts are saying Shero is pulling the strings now.

So the long Lou era is officially over in New Jersey. There has been to much bashing of him over the past two years so time for some apperciation.

Come in and appreciate the former hall of fame GM of the New Jersey Devils.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
1933773_528118269624_7855_n.jpg

Thank you Lou!

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
The last few years were tough for everyone, but that mostly shows just how awesome all the other ones were. Thank you, Lou, for all the hard work you put into building competitive teams year after year, and helping the Devils win their first three Stanley Cups. Under your watch the Devils have played some great hockey and given fans special memories. Best wishes and enjoy your new role with the team. :handclap:

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
Took us from "Mickey Mouse" status to a 3x champion. One of the best GMs in NY Metro area history.

Not much more needs to be said.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
The only Devils GM I've ever been alive for.. Just, wow.. The Godfather of this franchise and likely the reason it still exists.. Every Devils fan for the next 100 years needs to know of his legacy

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
Lou Lamoriello. The man did it all. Coach, CEO, GM, President, Chairman, the list goes on. He is a no nonsense guy but at the same time one of the warmest people in the business. Treats his own like family, sometimes loyal even to a fault. I will always love his strict no media policy. Made extremely shrewd moves as GM, and he's one of the most successful to have ever done it. We have him to thank for the 3 Stanley cups.

LOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Smart man to walk away when he did. Nothing to prove. He is the true Mr. Devil.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Truly the end of an era. I'm just glad he's still with the team in some capacity. How "Lou" is it that absolutely no one had Shero to the Devils pegged, and no one knew about it until it was announced at 4:01 PM by the Devils' twitter account? Perfect way to go out.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Truly the end of an era. I'm just glad he's still with the team in some capacity. How "Lou" is it that absolutely no one had Shero to the Devils pegged, and no one knew about it until it was announced at 4:01 PM by the Devils' twitter account? Perfect way to go out.

McKenzie pointed this out. To the end Lou kept everything to the chest.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
The man that made it an honor to be a fan of a sports team.

Family, privacy, patience, understanding. Just a few words that come to mind. I'm grateful to have witnessed and been spoiled by his era of leadership.

DevilsJunkie

Jul 28, 2009
Biggest Little City
Say it ain't so, Lou!

Lou is no longer GM of the Devils? My world has just turned upside down.

Thank you, Lou. For all the wonderful memories you helped create.

An exceptional man.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
A true icon in sports. One of the most successful general managers the sports world has ever seen. We owe our fandom for this team to him. I didn't think there was any way I could respect him any more than I already did but this move gives me a whole new level. End of an era forsure, sad, but exciting at the same time. Can't wait for the future of this team.

ADD-devil950003

Dec 6, 2006
NY
Thank you Lou! You have been at the helm of my biggest passion for my whole life! Thank you for 3 cups and an overall winning culture. The man got dealt a bad hand (yes he is partially at fault for some things) with kovy and parise leaving. He has always done everything he could to ice a competitive team and win, unlike certain teams in this league who pack it in and tank at the first sight of problems. Lou should most definitely get a statue or something in or around the arena. He is the reason for our success, he is the reason we didnt end up in Nashville, and he is the reason why we have a new beautiful building to enjoy!

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
An absolute privilege to be a fan of this team while he ran it. Thank You Lou!

He deserves a statue outside of the arena and/or a banner but knowing him one will never be there.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
An absolute privilege to be a fan of this team while he ran it. Thank You Lou!

He deserves a statue outside of the arena and/or a banner but knowing him one will never be there.

Evenutually I think there will be a banner for him.... I highly doubt a statue

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 7m7 minutes ago

Lamoriello was named Devils president on April 30, 1987. He took over the GM title prior to the 1987-88 training camp.

Been GM for 28 years. Wow.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2