Employee Hall of Fame - Senators Edition. Who is the greatest Sens employee of all time

Vote to rank the Greatest Sens employee of all time - #1

• Jacques Martin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jason Spezza

• Erik Karlsson

• DJ Smith

• Trent Mann

• Wade Redden

• Brady Tkachuk

• Jake Sanderson

• Paul Maclean

• Dave Cameron

• Pierre Dorion

• Guy Boucher

• Roger Nielsen

• Zdeno Chara

• Maran Hossa

• Mike Fisher

• Timmy

• Kyle Turris

• Ray Emery

• Patrick Lalime

• John E Shaka - because I still do t like Dany Heatley

• Tyler Ennis

• John Muckler

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Don’t think players should count here unless they have worked for the team off the ice. It’s got to be Bryan Murray right now for getting the Sens the closest we’ve ever been to a cup. If Alfie is a part of off ice staff and this team makes a finals then he gets it but until then it’s an easy choice.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Players and employees should not be mixed together for this poll IMO

who was more important to the franchise IYO - Trent Mann, Pierre Dorion or Guy Boucher?

Don’t think players should count here unless they have worked for the team off the ice. It’s got to be Bryan Murray right now for getting the Sens the closest we’ve ever been to a cup. If Alfie is a part of off ice staff and this team makes a finals then he gets it but until then it’s an easy choice.

It’s more of a - when they signed their contract to work who had the biggest impact on the franchise

You could argue Jacques Martin, you could say Erik Karlsson - it’s more who did the most the time here on or off the ice

If it’s just in ice - Erik Krlsson is by far the best but I’m guessing most would take other players over him because EK caused a ton of off ice drama that hurt the fans and team - so he won’t be #1 despite being easily the best player ever to lace them up for this team

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
who was more important to the franchise IYO - Trent Mann, Pierre Dorion or Guy Boucher?

If you don’t remove players you might as well just ask who is the best player in Sens history of which there are plenty of threads already.

Hard for the vast majority here to judge off ice staff as being historically more impactful than on ice staff.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
If you don’t remove players you might as well just ask who is the best player in Sens history of which there are plenty of threads already.

Hard for the vast majority here to judge off ice staff as being historically more impactful than on ice staff.

Really? I’d easily say Jacues Martin is more important to this franchise then any player beyond Alfie - just pretend you have 10 names to put in the ring of honour from all our history and to get to chose who

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Really? I’d easily say Jacues Martin is more important to this franchise then any player beyond Alfie - just pretend you have 10 names to put in the ring of honour from all our history and to get to chose who

Yeah I don’t think most people are going to reasonably vote JM over players like Karlsson or Alfie. I think you can make a case for players like Philips, Neil, and Spezza. Even a guy like Yashin would be an interesting discussion (great player and franchise altering return on the trade). Then you might start looking at a guy like B Murray and JM.

That’s the problem with adding players their contributions to the team are obvious whereas off ice employees play less obvious roles in affecting the team. Without the actual players in the pole I think you could make a fair argument for Bruce Firestone and the original ownership group being absolutely deserving but I doubt they get a mention otherwise because players will always come first.

Reactions: LiseL

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
1706939128886.png

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
How would you vote to rant the greatest employees the Senators have ever had? #1
Allison Vaughan gets my vote. Muckler is on there but not Marshall Johnston? Muckler blew up what he built.

Safe to say some are pissed that Gord Wilson is not part of this poll.
Good one! Doesn't even know the players on the other teams unless they had ties to the sens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad