Proposal: Emil Pettersson to the Canucks

farshi

Feb 28, 2012
What do you guys want for him? We need a Swedish brother combo to take over after the Sedins

3rd round pick?
Gudbranson for Emil Pettersson +2nd +?

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I really wish we traded Jordan Subban for him. Pettersson is obviously more valuable though.

But trading for him just for the idea of "having a Swedish brother duo take over the Sedins" is very flawed.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
You think Gudbranson is worth a prospect, a 2nd and another +?

Hahahhahahahahaha

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Be interesting to have the brothers united. Nashville is a good team what do they need for another cup run ?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Be interesting to have the brothers united. Nashville is a good team what do they need for another cup run ?

Nothing large enough to trade one of our best center prospects.
We need to improve our 3rd pairing defense and we'll get that when Ellis comes back and bumps Emelin down. We'll improve our bottom six when Hartnell comes back. Saros has been getting a little better his last couple starts and his confidence is improving.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Oh yeah cause the thing Nashville really needs is Gudbranson. Sure we'll give you one of our best forward prospects and oh boy, let's just throw in a 2nd just to help you guys out.

Not that you should want Gudbranson, but is Emil Pettersson that great of a prospect? He's 23 years old and doing OK in the AHL. Not overly impressive.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Not that you should want Gudbranson, but is Emil Pettersson that great of a prospect? He's 23 years old and doing OK in the AHL. Not overly impressive.

That’s what happens when you have a team of scouts that doesn’t know how to draft properly.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Oh yeah cause the thing Nashville really needs is Gudbranson. Sure we'll give you one of our best forward prospects and oh boy, let's just throw in a 2nd just to help you guys out.

So it's a yes? Awesome! I'll warm up the fax machine. In no way am I remotely a fan of either team; I'll just do it cause I got no place else ta' go!

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

He may not be the best, but after trading Kamenev, he's right there with Gaudreau, Trenin and Edsjell for our best center prospect. With Johansen, Turris, Bonino, and Jarnrkok signed long term, and Sissons signed short term we can afford to have these types as our best center prospects, maybe they all bust, or maybe one or two pan out but we have the fortune to let them develop in the minors.

Adding a 2nd to a good prospect to get a UFA defenseman who'd be our no.6 when everyone is healthy is poor.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
He may not be the best, but after trading Kamenev, he's right there with Gaudreau, Trenin and Edsjell for our best center prospect. With Johansen, Turris, Bonino, and Jarnrkok signed long term, and Sissons signed short term we can afford to have these types as our best center prospects, maybe they all bust, or maybe one or two pan out but we have the fortune to let them develop in the minors.

Adding a 2nd to a good prospect to get a UFA defenseman who'd be our no.6 when everyone is healthy is poor.
Not sure why they'd throw Gudbranson at you. But if the Canucks were in fact interested in bringing him in to ease Elias' transition, what would be the ask?

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
You think Gudbranson is worth a prospect, a 2nd and another +?

Hahahhahahahahaha

You might not think so, but D who play his style are considered valuable around the NHL - especially as an RD. And he's still young at 25/26. But he's easily worth "a 2nd, a prospect and an undefined +".

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I'd give you something around Gaunce + Cassels for him.

Or Granlund.

And I'd give you Gudbranson + for him easily. Gudbranson is trash.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
You might not think so, but D who play his style are considered valuable around the NHL - especially as an RD. And he's still young at 25/26. But he's easily worth "a 2nd, a prospect and an undefined +".

Sure, in 2012.

Big slow Dmen who do nothing offensively are worthless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad