GDT: [EMERGENCY THREAD] CANADIENS at HURRICANES 19:00 TVA Sports, SN, FS-CR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Can't believe Therrien went bak with that line on the PP..............WEISE for crying out load. 3 minutes to go, down by one......he puts Weise on the 1st wave..Calvaire

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Our offense dryer up with Gallagher's injury it seems (with the except of the Rangers game).

Well Gallagher was a big scorer for us but Therrien also decided to break up our only two players that were producing at a ppg pace together.
We also keep using Weise as if he's some natural goal scorer...The guy was just hot, I don't understand how he gets so much PP time.

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
We'd be losing some of these games even with Price. 2 goals a game ain't cutting it. Barely beat Jersey, blew a sure win to Jersey, barely beat CBJ, couldn't even get a point out of WSH in a game we should have. Now this. Go back before that and VAN win, Arizona and Colorado losses we looked no better than right now and we are just not as good without Price in every aspect: goaltending, defence and offence.

Blame Condon if you want but we've got just 15 goals in his last 7 games before tonight. Just 2 tonight and we'd be 17 in 8. Barely over 2 a game. So Condon is being asked to be Price of 2014-15 level to help. Cause right now we may be outshooting, outpossessing other teams but our D group is allowing ridiculously good chances. Condon's rebound control isn't Price's. I guess our D was not so elite. It just had an elite goalie.

Add in our usual inability to play well in December and Therrien's brainless coaching and, well, if we have 30 wins by the time Price is back. And I don't see him returning till after AS break. That's 22 more games after today. If we stick with this situation, I'm calling 9-9-4 in that run including tonight. 28-14-7 suddenly wouldn't look too hot a record. Worrying because Therrien has no idea how to shake things up well. Our AHL guys bailing us out, yet he gives them the cold shoulder ice time-wise.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Well, at least Therrien now is different in the sense that he's actually willing to change it up rather than being stubborn and keeping that line. Patches-Chucky-Ghetto? Cool.

Just keep Flash-DD-Weise. Don't touch it. Ever.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Dumb Potvin calling a penalty as Condon was merely leaving for an end of game extra attacker.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Alex Emelin, Tom Gilbert, David Desharnais and Mike Condon

Mike Condon
I hope he doesn't think he's Carey Price. He cannot stick handle. Too many attempts to pass the puck ends up as turnovers. His rebound control needs work. He needs to keep it simple.

David Desharnais
Please put him in a situation he can succeed. That's being the 3rd line center playing against 3rd or 4th lines, not playing against 1st line players. Put him between Weise and Fleischmann.

Tom Gilbert
He needs to think faster. Move the puck faster, shoot faster. He hesitate so many times reminds me of Josh Gorges on offensive zone.

Alex Emelin
He doesn't play physical, and he's got below average hockey sense. I think we might need to move him and Lars Eller for that 2nd line winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad