GDT: Emergency GDT: Wild @ Caps, 6PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Vanek and Granlund only ones with any hockey IQ in this team on the offensive zone it seems. :shakehead

Also Kuemper is getting old with his timely softies. Still they will make playoffs.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Meh. Yeah, the penalty was ****, but the refs aren't the one that left the painfully obvious backdoor play to Ovi completely undefended. The refs didn't tell the Wild to deflect in two own-goals and the refs didn't tell the Wild to play for the loser point for the first 17 minutes of the third.

Carter was obsessed with covering Oshie to the extent that he was double covered once the puck shifted sides. I mean, you cover Oshie over Ovechkin? really? When there is a Dman 5 feet away form Oshie, and no one within 20 feet of Ovi?

PariseNation

I hope so
Apr 15, 2014
Twin Cities
Nino and Pom were the best forwards tonight imo. Granlund would be really good if he could shoot, but he can't, so he's kinda useless, seeing as how he can't imitate Backstrom

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
they might have hockey IQ, but they never convert on their chances

" hockey IQ" is knowing when to do the right thing at the right time. Gretzky is the ultimate example. Great passer, but he damn well knew how and when to shoot. Granlund doesn't know how and when to shoot.

PariseNation

I hope so
Apr 15, 2014
Twin Cities
i think hockey IQ and finishing touch are two different things. Both players think the game well but just seem to choke in the clutch

i'm not arguing that granny isn't over-hesitant with the puck, i'm just saying most guys would be burying those chances

PariseNation

I hope so
Apr 15, 2014
Twin Cities
Every other forward just go for the easy pass on the offensive zone or slam the puck on the boards.

you have to keep it simple, especially when a team is struggling. Guys like Vanek make these epic passes that work 10% of the time. make the easy play. get pucks to net. score.

se7en

infamous...
Apr 14, 2010
Maui, HI
I think Kuemper is probably done, so Dubnyk better get healthy.

I think this whole team is done...

Hey You guys, I got 2 idea's -

1) We pretend the Stadium Series was the Super Bowl of Hockey and that it's way bigger & better than winning the cup and then we can celebrate that win til next season and just pretend we won it all and then the results from here on out don't really matter, you know because we won the "big game"!

or

2) We just pretend we're Blackhawks fans and have been this whole time and then it's like we already have just won 3 cups and will probably win a 4th this year and we'll know what it's like to not have the ********* most disappointing asshat ****ing sports teams in the country . God I hate being a Minnesota fan! I hate it I hate it I HATE IT.

ok, I feel a little better I guess.. seriously tho, **** the Wild.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
" hockey IQ" is knowing when to do the right thing at the right time. Gretzky is the ultimate example. Great passer, but he damn well knew how and when to shoot. Granlund doesn't know how and when to shoot.

Granlund's weakness is shot. If he could just work on his release it would instantly get him atleast 5 goals per season more. However i don't see how this is relevant to what i was talking about..

you have to keep it simple, especially when a team is struggling. Guys like Vanek make these epic passes that work 10% of the time. make the easy play. get pucks to net. score.

Well i didn't mean those drop passes etc that Vanek tries to do a bit too often. In general i wish our forwards would hang on to that puck a 0.5 sec longer and make that room for other player to get on scoring area. Now everyone seem to be on way too hurry to get rid of the puck and that way the responsibility. Granlund and Vanek to my eyes have been the only one to take some responsibility and try to make something happen.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Every other forward just go for the easy pass on the offensive zone or slam the puck on the boards.

It's not art class. They don't get extra points for creativity, or Olympic diving, where you get more points for a more difficult dive. Bottom line, put the puck in the net, I don't care if it's off your ass.

I'm not picking on Vanek and Granlund for tonight's result. I am taking issue with you somehow thinking that Vanek and Granlund are somehow at a higher level than the other players on the team offensively. Granlund's never scored in double digits, despite getting all sorts of top 6 minutes and PP time. Vanek...well, it's not 2009.

Last edited:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I've already gone past panic and into depression.

We seem to find new ways to lose every time out.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I think this whole team is done...

Hey You guys, I got 2 idea's -

1) We pretend the Stadium Series was the Super Bowl of Hockey and that it's way bigger & better than winning the cup and then we can celebrate that win til next season and just pretend we won it all and then the results from here on out don't really matter, you know because we won the "big game"!

or

2) We just pretend we're Blackhawks fans and have been this whole time and then it's like we already have just won 3 cups and will probably win a 4th this year and we'll know what it's like to not have the ********* most disappointing asshat ****ing sports teams in the country . God I hate being a Minnesota fan! I hate it I hate it I HATE IT.

ok, I feel a little better I guess.. seriously tho, **** the Wild.

Boo...both of these are bad! We'll make the playoffs and beat that damn Chicago team this year. I have a feeling we're going to make the playoffs and make a run to the cup! Parise will return and go on a hot streak until June and we'll get a C at the deadline and another big body and we'll roll!

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Boo...both of these are bad! We'll make the playoffs and beat that damn Chicago team this year. I have a feeling we're going to make the playoffs and make a run to the cup! Parise will return and go on a hot streak until June and we'll get a C at the deadline and another big body and we'll roll!

LOL. .. I see tears in your future friend!

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, I'm kinda okay with the fact that I chose to sleep over this game.

what was really depressing about this one was that we were the much better team- except for our PP and goaltending, which really let us down. We were all over them for large parts of the game. Still not enough people staying in the crease and "paying the price" though.

Great breakaway goal by Nino.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
What is there to panic about? Frustrated? Yes. Panic? No. Not when this season already died. The rest of the season is just a technicality.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul

I can see us going getting hot but i've been a Minnesota sports fan long enough to know that optimism ends in heart break in the most unthinkable ways.

I was on that Vikings revenge tour hype train. Beat Seattle, beat Arizona, ride the momentum into Carolina, SUPER BOWL. Then Walsh missed a 20 yard field goal.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
What is there to panic about? Frustrated? Yes. Panic? No. Not when this season already died. The rest of the season is just a technicality.

Why frustrated? We knew what team we had. I mean anyone could see this coming a mile away, especially when they didn't change things last season and kept the MO of everything is okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad