Embarassed to be a Canuck fan and the treatment of David Booth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
While I'm not as morally outraged as the OP about it, I certainly agree with his general sentiment. If the most morally reprehensible player on our team is David Booth, I think we're pretty darn lucky.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
I'm not a huge Booth fan as a player but who cares if the guy hunts in the off season? I'd rather have someone like him on the team then someone who commits crimes.

Also what did Botchford say about him?

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
I hate him as a hockey player, he is one of the dumbest players in the NHL in terms of his hockey sense, I also think his bear shooting addiction is repulsive, at least the way the bears are so easy to shoot it's just pathetic.

Dont care about his religious views though.

yeah.. maybe he should try shooting something that helps with his aim.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
What PC and Canucker said are a much more hard-line stance to what I took, but I think they are right.

My point is that attacking Booth for his views is no better than preaching his, no one is put on a pedestal above the other.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
He isn't breaking any laws and he's certainly free to pursue his off-ice interests. However, when he posts about them or his political views in social media he's going to invite criticism and debate. I'm more concerned about his on ice performance rather than his political or religious beliefs, but that's just me.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Oh waaah. After everything we've been through over the last four decades, this is what embarrasses you to be a Canucks fan?

I was embarrassed after a flock of drunken idiots trashed downtown and made us the butt of every NHL fan's jokes. Again.

I was embarrassed after Bertuzzi broke Moore's neck on the ice.

This? Please.

This is Vancouver. This is the birthplace of Greenpeace and the heart and soul of the environmental movement in North America. We believe in inclusion, diversity, and the very firm separation of church and state. We don't like people who kill wild animals for fun or thump Bibles in our faces and tell us what we should believe or which god's the biggest and baddest. You don't like that? Airport's right south of the city beside Richmond. Easy cab ride, can get there on the new skytrain line within minutes from the downtown core.

When I go to Florida or Nashville and start twittering my left-wing, liberal dogma to all and sundry down there, that's when I'll feel sorry for poor little David Booth.

I don't give a rat's ass what Booth's religious beliefs are. Or Hamhuis's, or anyone else's, for that matter. I don't care if he's a Moonie, Mormon, Shiite Muslim, or Satanist. As long as he puts the biscuit in the basket, I profoundly do not give a flying ****. But know this: the INSTANT he or anyone else barges onto social media to preach one way or another, he becomes just another schmuck on the internet who's fair game just like the rest of the unwashed masses whether he or likes it or not. He does that, as far as I'm concerned, he might as well be one of the Leafs fans in the trade forum telling us all how Luongo's worth less that Kadri and a 2nd.

And that's that.

Don't like it? Don't do it, Booth. Smarten the **** up.

BARGES ONTO SOCIAL MEDIA ??! Bahahahahaahahahahahahahahahah

I found the owner of the internet everyone !! He's right here !

Don't like it, don't read it ! The onus is NOT on the poster online. It's on the reader. Even on this site. It's on you to block someone, as I'm doing in droves after this disgusting revelation.

And this IS definitely up there with other pathetic fan actions as the riot in my opinion. NO one deserves flack for their beliefs, no matter how many times they express them on THEIR social media platforms. There are certain things off limits to critism as a celebrity and this is one of them.

Reactions: RussianRacket

craigcaulks*

I'm not a huge Booth fan as a player but who cares if the guy hunts in the off season? I'd rather have someone like him on the team then someone who commits crimes.

He was hunting in AB because what he was doing was illegal in BC.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
i'm not the biggest booth fan, but these bleeding hearts need to stop complaining about hunting.

I don't like hunting but whatever, I have good friends who hunt and I eat meat so it's not a big deal to me but I don't like baiting or sitting up in trees to hunt animals...why not just lay out land mines? You'll even have your meat tenderized at the same time. Cowardly act.

craigcaulks*

I don't like hunting but whatever, I have good friends who hunt and I eat meat so it's not a big deal to me but I don't like baiting or sitting up in trees to hunt animals...why not just lay out land mines? You'll even have your meat tenderized at the same time. Cowardly act.

With mines you might even have it cooked and ready to eat. Or bring a flame thrower.

TheDiver*

Booth is shooting animals instead of improving his hockey skills. I'm free to hate him as much as I want.

Roberto Luongo plays poker in Florida.

Henrik Sedin is working on a new home.

But i'm sure hunting is the only leisure activity that keeps one from improving hockey skills.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I seen today someone tweeted him he cant wait till he is bought out so he is not a canuck.

I dont condone comments like that to anyone. But i guess people are entitled...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad