News: Elvis Merzlikins requests trade

Aug 3, 2021
To save somebody a search:

YkgiBDJ.png

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Weird to drop postgame in a comeback win, especially when he can't have much if any value without retention.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
I don't believe he has a market yet with 3.5 years left. Last year he was the worst goalie in the league, this year his numbers are merely ok. Maybe next year someone desperate takes a flyer.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Man, this guy seems like he's been crumbling since that Caps game, but maybe I'm just noticing it more now that he's on the radar. Having a rough month either way...

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Edmonton and Columbus might go the buyout route. Might as well swap to see if fresh starts help. Columbus retains 400k and Oilers throw in a 3rd. Elvis wants out and Campbells played his last game as an Oiler.
Problem with that is if Edmonton ultimately bought him out anyways Columbus gets a retention slot tied up for the length of it

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Elvis is an NHL goalie. Campbell actually is what some believe Elvis is. A 3rd is not the difference
Both are probably getting bought out this summer. That's what you'd be looking at with this swap - Columbus saves 450K by buying out Campbell instead of Elvis. That and the 3rd is the value in a Jack Campbell trade. Of course, this would mean that there are literally no other options left for them to do it.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
He's gotta be a buyout this summer right?
Probably not. There's going to be at least one GM out there who thinks "yeah, I know what his stats are, but if he's on my team he'll be a whole lot better" and will take that contract on figuring he can't be terrible for the remaining 3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad