Injury Report: Eloy Jimenez out 5-6 months with ruptured pectoral tendon

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Absolute disaster for White Sox

This once promising season already feels lost with this news

You cant replace his production from within and I dont see any obvious trade options

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
The guy was made out of porcelain while in the minors.

Cubs won the trade then, and are still winning the trade now with Q on the Angels.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
haha what?

quintana's ERA with the cubs was 4.24. jimenez hit 30 bombs in 2019 and won a silver slugger last season. saying the cubs won that trade is laughable
Huh?

Q started 82 games in two and a half years and averaged 170 innings. He did what he was brought in to do, be an inning eater.

Eloy was 1.5 and 1.3 war, those arent even starter numbers. A home run in a blow out loss is nothing but a meaningless home run.

Eloy needs to be wrapped up in a mixture of bubble wrap and soft crushed velvet. He makes Kyle Schwarber look like a gold glove outfielder and Schwarber was a 2 war player which justified starting him.

Poor Eloy

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Huh?

Q started 82 games in two and a half years and averaged 170 innings. He did what he was brought in to do, be an inning eater.

Eloy was 1.5 and 1.3 war, those arent even starter numbers. A home run in a blow out loss is nothing but a meaningless home run.

Eloy needs to be wrapped up in a mixture of bubble wrap and soft crushed velvet. He makes Kyle Schwarber look like a gold glove outfielder and Schwarber was a 2 war player which justified starting him.

Poor Eloy

Keep in mind that 1.3 WAR was earned in a 60 game season and is a counting stat that you have to adjust for length of season. Jimenez' 2020 WAR should be viewed more like 3.5.

At the same time, yes, Jimenez hasn't really set the league on fire, and doesn't look to be very good defensively. But he's also quite young, too.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Quintana was brought in to give the Cubs another run. He was average at best over the duration of his Cubs stay. Not worth Eloy at all.

Let alone Eloy AND Cease…like is nobody gonna mention Cease was also included in that deal?

Yeah…imagine thinking the Cubs won that trade LOL

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Keep in mind that 1.3 WAR was earned in a 60 game season and is a counting stat that you have to adjust for length of season. Jimenez' 2020 WAR should be viewed more like 3.5.

At the same time, yes, Jimenez hasn't really set the league on fire, and doesn't look to be very good defensively. But he's also quite young, too.

I mean he’s slugging .527 with an .850 OPS over his first 177 career games played and won silver slugger at age 23.

He’s gonna be an absolute beast…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad