ellis

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
unfortunately i cannot say that i have any confidence in ellis. i would take clemmer over him in a heartbeat. if ellis is our back up next year our chances of making the playoffs are dramatically reduced and if luongo has any injury at all we will not make the playoffs. everything that the stars fans have said about ellis rings true. he is inadequate as an nhl goalie. we did them a major favor by taking him. if we're serious about winning next year we need to acquire an adequate back up!!!!! as far as i'm concerned ellis should be traded, or bought out.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Ok I'm probably his biggest hater on these boards, but he was really hung out to dry tonight. Honestly if Lu was in, 4-5 of those would've gone past him.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
That being said, I don't get the people saying "you haven't gotten a good look at him yet, give him a chance." Dan Ellis has played 200 games over 10 years, I've seen who he is, and he is Scott Clemmensen V2. Now I didn't even mind Clem, but I felt this offseason we could maybe pick up a good instead of middle of the road backup, but alas. Either way if the team misses the playoffs next year it won't be because of him.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Ok I'm probably his biggest hater on these boards, but he was really hung out to dry tonight. Honestly if Lu was in, 4-5 of those would've gone past him.

Second biggest hater to me. :laugh:

I agree about Ellis. He got totally shelled and our defense is disgusting right now. Tonight could've been 12-2 Ducks. In no way am I joking about that either. Ellis had some dandy stops. His teammates in front of him were just disgustingly awful.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
he was terrible with dallas also and he let in some soft goals here also. there is no way i keep this guy!!!!

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
that proves nothing. clemmensen isn't even a good AHL goalie. he has a .888 save % in san antonio since being sent down. needless to say, that's terrible.

ellis isn't an NHL caliber goalie either. he shouldn't be back next year if Tallon has any smarts.

Ellis will be fine if you put a defense that isn't a train wreck in front of him. I've see him play over the years and he is not as bad as you think. You also think Gudbranson sucks too so I don't really know what to say to convince you.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
ask the dallas fans what they think of ellis! the guy is past being effective. i would take clemmer over ellis. clemmer actually stole many games for us. next year we're a fringe playoff team with good goaltending. with ellis as a back up scratch good goaltending. if lou get's any injuries scratch the season with ellis as a back up! we absolutely need solid goaltending. hopefully trade ellis, or buy him out. let's get a decent back up and don't send him to san antonio. he serves no purpose there. we need to develop goalies in the minors. man dallas absolutely dumped on us in this trade. i guess talon had no other takers for thomas.

luby3131

Jan 8, 2011
Parkland, FL
He is what he is- a career NHL backup. Is he better than Clemmensen? I'd lean toward slightly, but it's a toss up. His job is to give us 15-20 starts next year and be at least NHL caliber during them. If he can't do that, someone else has to be brought in.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
I don't quite understand you guys...Luongo lost a game, so naturally Ellis is the better goalie, and should be getting the majority of the starts from here on out.

#canucklogic

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I don't quite understand you guys...Luongo lost a game, so naturally Ellis is the better goalie, and should be getting the majority of the starts from here on out.

#canucklogic

Ummmm did you read this thread? It's about how Dan Ellis is a bad goalie, and how people have no confidence in him starting at all, even for the 20% of games he will be playing. Worry about your own trainwreck of a team.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Ummmm did you read this thread? It's about how Dan Ellis is a bad goalie, and how people have no confidence in him starting at all, even for the 20% of games he will be playing. Worry about your own trainwreck of a team.

Bro my post was 100% sarcastic. That'll teach me not to use this little guy: :sarcasm:

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
star_wars_dr_evazan_pando_baba_mos_eisley_cantina.jpg

I don't like him either

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dude he was joking!

I don't like Ellis but like others have said he is what he is, a career NHL backup. I hope he can hold down the fort for his starts next season.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dude he was joking!

I don't like Ellis but like others have said he is what he is, a career NHL backup. I hope he can hold down the fort for his starts next season.

I think the D in front of him has been pretty weak so its hard to evaluate him but i definitely do not see that "big save" ability in him so it looks like we have to play an airtight game for this guy to get a win. Unfortunately this team needs elite goaltending every night because its just not so good even at full strength so we probably should upgrade this offseason that backup spot.

Some say a back up plays only 10-15 games and you can live with an Ellis but we saw with Markstrom that an injury happens like a pulled groin to your main guy and a bad backup can ruin your season pretty quickly.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
I think the D in front of him has been pretty weak so its hard to evaluate him but i definitely do not see that "big save" ability in him so it looks like we have to play an airtight game for this guy to get a win. Unfortunately this team needs elite goaltending every night because its just not so good even at full strength so we probably should upgrade this offseason that backup spot.

Some say a back up plays only 10-15 games and you can live with an Ellis but we saw with Markstrom that an injury happens like a pulled groin to your main guy and a bad backup can ruin your season pretty quickly.

amen brother. right on!!

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
he was terrible with dallas also and he let in some soft goals here also. there is no way i keep this guy!!!!

He had 5-6-0 in stats in dallas (.9 SV%, 3,04 GAA and 1 Shutout). That's decent stats for a backup in a middletier team. Thomas got 2-2-0 (.884 SV%, 3,44 GAA) since he joined Dallas.

Panthersfan1989

Feb 24, 2013
S. Florida
Two of those goals were on ELLIS last night. The 2 I saw look to be pretty soft but the guy is going to be a product of the defense. If these bums could block a shot or clear the paint he might have a better shot.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Two of those goals were on ELLIS last night. The 2 I saw look to be pretty soft but the guy is going to be a product of the defense. If these bums could block a shot or clear the paint he might have a better shot.

Exactly which two were his fault?

1. Getzlaf gets right around Kuli and gets it to Maroon in front.

2. 2 on 1 one timer from Selanne.

3. Shorthanded breakaway from Silf.

4. Palmieri standing in front of the net as 5 guys watch him.

5. Perry semi-breakaway then follow-up goal from his knees.

6. Give and go between Getz and Teemu embarrassing Gilbert and Soupy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad