Speculation: Elliotte Friedman rumblings Vadim Shipachyov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Seeing we was linked to him, Friedman tweeting this ...Could this be a Lars Eller replacement?

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 7m7 minutes ago

Since my KHL news from earlier today was so well-received��, let's try another. There are rumblings tonight Vadim Shipachyov...

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 7m7 minutes ago

who we were told could not come to the NHL for 2016-17, may still be a possibility. Let's see where this one goes, too.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Vague but good,

Would love to see him with the Habs. We get him and we are set IMO.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Shipachyov could fill that 3rd line C spot and help the powerplay quite nicely.

Maybe be even drop Pleky to the third line eventually :)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Vague but good,

Would love to see him with the Habs. We get him and we are set IMO.

We're not set, but at least we'd get a top-six forward.

Shipachyov could fill that 3rd line C spot and help the powerplay quite nicely.

Maybe be even drop Pleky to the third line eventually :)

I don't think he'd come to a team that wouldn't use him as a top-six center.

Patches - Chucky - Gally
/// - Shipachev - Andrighetto
Desharnais - Plekanec - Shaw

It's better, I guess...

TheGame777

Jan 16, 2016
I'm not to sure about that guy. He have good stats in the KHL and he was awesome at the WC, but i don't think that its enough to give him the second line if he signs in Montréal. He may not fill the hole left by Eller on the third line, but if he can bring offense without a big contract, he can become a good gamble.

From what i saw at the world championship, he didn't shy away from the physical play, even if he isn't that type of player. I was happy to see that he likes to go around the net, but in the end he's more of perimeter player. I can see Bergevin signing him and Perron to fill a hole on the top 6 and an other at center.

For now, im not ready to give him the tag of a top six forward. He needs to prove that he can produce at the biggest level.

Locks

May 28, 2005
While this is good news if it is indeed the case, we need to remember that the Habs were one of the teams interested so there is absolutely no guarantee that he signs here if he does come to the NHL this coming season.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
I thought the Habs were going after Shipy in order to replace Pleky.

Trade Pleks in a package and get a top 6 winger.

Put Ship as 2C

Max Pac - Galchy - Gally
2LW from Plek Trade - Shipachyov - Eriksson

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
While this is good news if it is indeed the case, we need to remember that the Habs were one of the teams interested so there is absolutely no guarantee that he signs here if he does come to the NHL this coming season.

I'm very hopeful that we may get another skilled young Russian, to join our already impressive ex-Soviet roster. Shipachyov/Shipachev would be a possible coup coming from the KHL, unlike the disappointingly short career of Sekac.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
That is good news!

Hope he has real sources.

Hopefully he doesn't do what the Bread Man did ..Habs offered more,he went to Hawks for less..

We still might end up with Bread Man yet , Hawks will have a decision to make after this season is over....

TheGame777

Jan 16, 2016
I thought the Habs were going after Shipy in order to replace Pleky.

Trade Pleks in a package and get a top 6 winger.

Put Ship as 2C

Max Pac - Galchy - Gally
2LW from Plek Trade - Shipachyov - Eriksson

I don't see how Plekanec can be traded without Shipachyov proving himself first. And even if he does, i rather keep a center like Plekanec. He can play in every situation and contribute to the team in many ways. We do need an other top 6 winger to play with the team. I'm expecting Bergevin to go for Perron and try to get a cheap contract on players like Stempniak, Vrbata, Vanek or even Stewart. It's a risk that doesn't cost a lot if one of thoses players is able to score 15 to 25 goals.

I'm very hopeful that we may get another skilled young Russian, to join our already impressive ex-Soviet roster. Shipachyov/Shipachev would be a possible coup coming from the KHL, unlike the disappointingly short career of Sekac.

I'm still sad about Sekac, he started out well and showed a lot of potential. He was so good to use his body to protect the puck and he had some skills to go with it. But he is the reason that we have to be careful with Shipy. Atleast we'll be able to trade him if he doesn't respond well to the NHL.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I don't see how Plekanec can be traded without Shipachyov proving himself first. And even if he does, i rather keep a center like Plekanec. He can play in every situation and contribute to the team in many ways. We do need an other top 6 winger to play with the team. I'm expecting Bergevin to go for Perron and try to get a cheap contract on players like Stempniak, Vrbata, Vanek or even Stewart. It's a risk that doesn't cost a lot if one of thoses players is able to score 15 to 25 goals.

I'm still sad about Sekac, he started out well and showed a lot of potential. He was so good to use his body to protect the puck and he had some skills to go with it. But he is the reason that we have to be careful with Shipy. Atleast we'll be able to trade him if he doesn't respond well to the NHL.

The day Montreal traded him (Sekac), i said he wouldn't be in the NHL in 2 years....http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=97884959&postcount=126

Hopefully if we get Shipa his attitude is a little better..Otherwise his NHL career will be short too.

Last edited:

TheGame777

Jan 16, 2016
The day Montreal traded him (Sekac), i said he wouldn't be in the NHL in 2 years....Hopefully if we get Shipa his attitude is a little better..Otherwise his NHL career will be short too.

I knew he wouldn't be a player in the end, but he had very nice tools and wasn't able to put them together. Sometimes, the way he skated (or more floated) in the O Zone made me think of Vanek.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
We need to move one of Plek or DD.

1-Galchenyuk-MaxPac-Gallagher
2-Shipachev-Eriksson / Ladd / Boedker / Hudler - Shaw
3-Plek-McCarron / Lehkonen / Reway - Ghetto
4-pick 3 scrubs we have them by the dozen

GeoStride87

Feb 23, 2013
If I'm Shipachyov, and the habs coming knocking, I consider:

- Money
- Who I'll be playing with - Andrighetto? Carr?
- Who I'll be playing for - A coach who who doesn't have the best reputation with his use of skilled forwards
- How much Ice time I'll be getting - See above, most likely move up and down 2c/3c/4c roles with a constant rotation of wingers

Unless we dip in to the UFA market and or get a top notch winger via trade, I don't see how we're a good option for him.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
If we get him i'll doubt it would be for third line duties most likely promised a top 6 tryout at the very least. Would be good if the management believes that much in him.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I'd tell him I'm starting him on the 3rd line. Evaluate him for a year and see how he transitions over.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
???-Plekanec-???
Lehkonen-Ship-Shaw
Carr-Mitchell-Byron

Then, if warranted, move him up. Could even happen at the TDL.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
???-Ship-???
Lehkonen-Danault-Shaw
Carr-Mitchell-Byron

But, honestly, I don't think we'll get him.
Instead of talking to Ship, I see MB watching tv with a martini and cheetos.

Last edited:

TheGame777

Jan 16, 2016
If we get him i'll doubt it would be for third line duties most likely promised a top 6 tryout at the very least. Would be good if the management believes that much in him.

What's the big difference between our third and fourth line ? Shaw, Andrighetto, Lekhonen and idk who will all take turns on the second and third line unless we get a top 6 on the market. Plekanec and Mitchell will have the defensive duties.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
If I'm Shipachyov, and the habs coming knocking, I consider:

- Money
- Who I'll be playing with - Andrighetto? Carr?
- Who I'll be playing for - A coach who who doesn't have the best reputation with his use of skilled forwards
- How much Ice time I'll be getting - See above, most likely move up and down 2c/3c/4c roles with a constant rotation of wingers

Unless we dip in to the UFA market and or get a top notch winger via trade, I don't see how we're a good option for him.

We're a great option for him. We're the Habs. Revered all through Russia and the satellites. He'll get a regular and guaranteed paycheck. He'll be in arguably the most cosmopolitan city in NA next to New York. Chicks who adore Russian hockey players.

Yes, Montreal is a destination for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad