Elliott Joins Tarasenko & Shattenkirk At ASG

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah it's not like going to the All Star game takes any energy at all. They give like maybe 20% effort in the game.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I wonder what kind of contract Elliott will get after this one. He's got some pretty solid numbers. If he could add 2 or 3 series wins in the post-season (OK, how bout 4 series wins...in one year) I think he could cash in pretty nicely somewhere.

FloridaBlue

Mar 9, 2014
Wildwood, MO
Thought that just hit me: how funny would it be if buddies Shattenkirk and Tarasenko end up opposing each other? I would say it would also be funny if Tarasenko ended up shooting on Elliott but Ells sees that everyday in practice.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
That's 3 of the 6 Blues I voted for 10 times a day every day till the deadline. The others being Schwartz, Lehtera, and Petro for about the first week and a half of voting, Gunnar for the rest. Schwartz really deserved a nod this season, really to bad folks stopped voting for him for some reason when he was injured.

Anyways, super glad Elliot makes the team, dude has been fierce this season. If he hadn't been out for over a month this season himself, his numbers would be even more impressive then they already are.

Mzeppelin1

Apr 26, 2014
good.

if crawford get's voted in my black hawk bandwagoners then the nhl should give elliott a spot as well

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Should back up whoever starts very nicely

ha. nice. Luckily he will succeed as I hear team Neon-Green plays a stifling tight checking defensive system. Or something close to that. There might be a poke-check or two. ok fine he's boned

Last edited:

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
it would be fun to see Halak and Elliott on opposite teams square off against each other

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Did Brian Elliott go to the other 29 NHL cities and kick all the puppies within them at some point? I will never understand the flak/hate he gets on this site. Doubters? Yeah sure I can understand that. But the amount of borderline vitriol sent his way I can't grasp. His stats say he belongs there in Columbus.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Did Brian Elliott go to the other 29 NHL cities and kick all the puppies within them at some point? I will never understand the flak/hate he gets on this site. Doubters? Yeah sure I can understand that. But the amount of borderline vitriol sent his way I can't grasp. His stats say he belongs there in Columbus.

The hate train is on and in full steam. I don't get it but then again I'm a factual evidence based person.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014

I kind of understood it when we had Jaro and he was also putting up some good numbers. With 2 goalies putting up good numbers, it was easy to say the goalies were just a product of the system.

But I don't get it this year. When he was out, 2 different goalies put up bad statistics. One of those goalies is a (over the hill) legend. The other was the best goalie in the AHL last year. If the system was so special, one of them should have been able to put up at least league average stats while Elliott was injured. But they didn't. Yet somehow, Elliott is still just a product of this magical system.

Does he allow softies? Yup. Does every goalie in the league? Yup. I'm not going to stand here and say Elliott is elite. He isn't. But there is a huge gap between elite and just a product of the team. I truly believe he is an average to above average starter in the NHL. I would probably list him as the 12th-15th best goalie in the league, which is pretty darn good for a guy making $2.5 mil a year. This year, several goalies I would list above him have had down years, so I think it is very fair to say that he is in the top 10 this year. Other than Hank (who apparently didn't want to play), the only goalie I may have put above Elliott is Hutch in Winnipeg. Considering he has only done it for half a season, I completely understand putting Elliott in the all star game instead.

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE!

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I don't pay any attention to what the other fan bases are saying about Elliott anymore. Got tired of some Ottawa fans dismissing his performances while expecting a King's ransom for Craig Anderson on the trade board.

That would be the same Craig Anderson that lasted about a day in St. Louis before he was shipped out, and that was when we had a serious need for anyone remotely competent! Obviously he is worthless, because young goalies can't improve.

Happy for Elliott to get the honour of being selected... would rather he had some time off!

Mar 6, 2012
But didn't anyone tell the league that he was a terrible goaltender? How can this be???????????

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I don't pay any attention to what the other fan bases are saying about Elliott anymore. Got tired of some Ottawa fans dismissing his performances while expecting a King's ransom for Craig Anderson on the trade board.

That would be the same Craig Anderson that lasted about a day in St. Louis before he was shipped out, and that was when we had a serious need for anyone remotely competent! Obviously he is worthless, because young goalies can't improve.

Happy for Elliott to get the honour of being selected... would rather he had some time off!

Yeah, I wasn't an Elliott believer for a long time but he's gained my trust in nets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad