Injury Report: Elliot leaves practice early today after taking a puck off the wrist

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
This story ends with Pheonix Copley starting Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals as an emergency call-up who is ready to cap off an historic run of post-season dominance by a rookie goalie, fully vindicating Armstrong's franchise-changing trade off of TJ Oshie. Copley goes on to have a HOF career with his early Stanley Cup playoffs appearance just a footnote in his record-setting career.

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
This story ends with Pheonix Copley starting Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals as an emergency call-up who is ready to cap off an historic run of post-season dominance by a rookie goalie, fully vindicating Armstrong's franchise-changing trade off of TJ Oshie. Copley goes on to have a HOF career with his early Stanley Cup playoffs appearance just a footnote in his record-setting career.

Then the disc gets scratched and we can't play NHL 16 anymore :cry:

trevorftw

Voice of Reason
Sep 7, 2009
Saint Louis

This post syncs perfectly with your avatar.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Elliott "I'm totally fine"

@StLouisBlues: .@KidElls1 on leaving practice early today: "(I'm) totally fine. It happens every day in practice, you're always taking shots." #stlblues

@StLouisBlues: Brian Elliott: "With all the injuries, we have people get a little sensitive but I'm all good and ready to go for tomorrow." #stlblues

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA

@StLouisBlues: .@KidElls1 on leaving practice early today: "(I'm) totally fine. It happens every day in practice, you're always taking shots." #stlblues

Looks like Elliott and us Blues fans have a lot in common come playoff time

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015

How many man-sized bubbles do the Blues own? I know they dont make a bubble big enough for Parayko, but surely we have some to put Elliot and Vlady in.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
Brian Elliott: "With all the injuries, we have people get a little sensitive but I'm all good and ready to go for tomorrow." #stlblues

https://twitter.com/StLouisBlues/status/717786190909321216

kenan-thanks-god-o.gif

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
perhaps we should change the title to "Crisis Averted - Elliott ok after leaving practice", so as not to panic any more Blues fans unnecessarily.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
seriously when was the last time a goalie got injured by a puck though? It would be extraordinarily bad luck. Goalie injuries are pretty much two categories - contact/interference or groin. They have enough padding.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
perhaps we should change the title to "Crisis Averted - Elliott ok after leaving practice", so as not to panic any more Blues fans unnecessarily.

Edited. Not the same title you said but changed it. Good idea Stealth!

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Rich Parent? :sarcasm:

Bahahaha :handclap:

I remember taking shot off the tops of my knees in butterfly because I had outgrown my leg pads like it was yesterday. Hurt like a mother****er, worst Charlie horse I've ever had. New/nice goalie equipment is not cheap, pretty sure Els can afford the good stuff tho

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Rich Parent? :sarcasm:

Bahahaha :handclap:

I remember taking shot off the tops of my knees in butterfly because I had outgrown my leg pads like it was yesterday. Hurt like a mother****er, worst Charlie horse I've ever had. New/nice goalie equipment is not cheap, pretty sure Els can afford the good stuff tho

to clarify, "nhl goalie"

though while thinknig about this i do think Lundqvist got injured recently with a puck to the neck? Pretty sure he doesn't wear a neckguard though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad