Eller vs Gallagher

LeMAD

Mar 1, 2006
Montreal
lemad.freehostia.com
Who would you rather have on the Habs in the long run? (Obviously both but still)

Personally i would take eller

Eller certainly has more upside, but he has to show up for games with more regularity. Some games he's dominant, but in others he's borderline awful. Lazy, lacks concentration, cause turnovers, takes bad penalties.

But I still take him for his upside. Love Gallagher, you know what you'll get from him every night, but I doubt he'll ever reach 60 pts in a season. That being said he definitly has the character to prove me wrong.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
eller. complete player, excellent hockey iq, center, good size, excellent work ethic and good leadership skills
hes the complete package tbh, future captain material

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I'd take Eller mainly on account that he's a 6'2 215LBS Center with talent, but I love Gallagher's game!

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Eller, though I hate to choose. But Eller is the more valuable possession player and his size and two way play going forward make up for any inconsistencies. But Eller should have a long future on this team.

I'm a bit concerned about Gallagher long run, he's in great shape but in a few years I can see his style of play taking a toll on him.

samsquanch9*

I think gallagher might end up adapting his game in 6 or 7 years to stay effective if his body starts to deteriorate

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I think gallagher might end up adapting his game in 6 or 7 years to stay effective if his body starts to deteriorate

I do too, but people here kill Gionta for becoming a more boring, perimeter first player, and Gallagher will probably go through a similar transformation, though he has better hands...

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
Love'em both, but went with Eller. He is something we've been lacking for a while and right now there doesn't seem to be someone similar in the prospect pool.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Eller certainly has more upside, but he has to show up for games with more regularity. Some games he's dominant, but in others he's borderline awful. Lazy, lacks concentration, cause turnovers, takes bad penalties.

But I still take him for his upside. Love Gallagher, you know what you'll get from him every night, but I doubt he'll ever reach 60 pts in a season. That being said he definitly has the character to prove me wrong.

This. Eller quickly gets overrated when he goes on a good streak. He's been very prone to these things you listed though. I'm a big fan of Eller, not hating.. it's just the truth.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Hard to tell. Gallagher ia ultimately a plug (put him with anyoNE AND then IT will work) and I just can't say the same for Eller.

But Eller is a C. If we had a bigger center line, the right answer would be Gallagher. But as it is, it's a tie as far as I'm concerned.

BubbleGumPlant

Jul 2, 2012
I think Gallagher will have a better PPG average than Eller in the next 5-10 yrs but at the end of day, u can't replace Eller through UFA whereas you might be able to with Gallagher. Big Centres who can put up decent points and play well defensively are dime a dozen.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Tough choice, but probably Gallagher. He is the better player right now I think, atleast offensively, and like Eller, has more room for growth.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I chose Eller because of his intriguing upside. He is still developing. Gallagher is all heart and determination, love this kid's effort

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Gally, the guy is a lionheart. it's not about the size, its about how much you want the puck and Gally display all that.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Gallagher has the bigger impact. I choose Gallagher because his emotion and drive is top notch. I love it.

Still, Eller is a big center with skill. You can't go wrong with it.

I just know which I'd rather have in a playoff game.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Gallagher. The coach does not even have to pep talk him, he is going full tilt every time he goes on a shift. He just has the tenacity to drive to be better and you always go with that over someone that needs constant communication.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Tough choice. One guy is an absolute need while the other isn't...

I'm gonnna let my emotions take over for once and say gallagher. The unholy crush I've had on him since draft day cannot be denied closure

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
Why+Not+Both.jpg

Feintastic

Jun 22, 2013
Sure you have to choose Eller over Gallagher if ur building a hockey club. Big center, still young, intriguing potencial.

But to be honest Gallagher's work ethic is so much better, what u see is what u get every night. Lars Eller is invisible alot of times imo and I still have doubts for the future like ''is he that good offensively'' ? To be honest I like him but I also think the medias and some fans overrate him. Sure he looks good playing with a future superstar like Galchenyuk and a worker like Gallagher but sorry when he played with pacioretty and gionta(?) I couldnt see him anymore on the ice(example). Im just being honest. He'll have to be more consistant, that's it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad