Eller vs Brassard

better center?

• Total voters

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Brassard is probably a better fit on a top 6, Eller is a much better, and cheaper, fit on a bottom 6 that can play up the line-up if needed.

Brassard if you're looking for some more offense or to bolster a PP, otherwise I'd go with Eller for the kind of role he can play.

Side note, but it's very pleasing as a Habs fans to finally see Eller get his due. Man was he dealt a bad hand in Montréal.

Reactions: Peanut and shello

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I’ve got recency bias, it’s been months since I can be reasonable about Eller

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Brassard is probably a better fit on a top 6, Eller is a much better, and cheaper, fit on a bottom 6 that can play up the line-up if needed.

Brassard if you're looking for some more offense or to bolster a PP, otherwise I'd go with Eller for the kind of role he can play.

Side note, but it's very pleasing as a Habs fans to finally see Eller get his due. Man was he dealt a bad hand in Montréal.

Brassard played on the 3rd line in NY with Zuccarello and Pouliot the year NY got to the final. Zuccarello was driving that line but I have no clue how anyone can say Eller is a much better fit no matter where in the lineup it is. Brassard is just a much better player and its not close. Eller is a 30-35 point center with a good playoff run. All credit to him but he is still "just" an average/solid 3rd line center.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
brassard. he's a 2C and eller just had a great run thats5 all.

Brassard is not a 2C let me tell you that. Don't let his stats in NY fool you.

In Ottawa he played like a 3C. The guy tries hard, he works hard but he doesn't have the smarts. He makes stupid plays all the time. I would be surprise if he got more than 45 points going forward. Great guy to have on a 3rd line though, he's very similar to Pageau although Pageau never got the chance to play top line minutes with top line players like Brass.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Brassard is not a 2C let me tell you that. Don't let his stats in NY fool you.

In Ottawa he plaued like a 3C. The guy tries hard, he works hard but he doesn't have the smarts. He makes stupid plays all the time. I would be surprise ld if he got more than 45 points going forward.
Brassard is a top 60 center in the NHL, Eller is not.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Brassard is a top 60 center in the NHL, Eller is not.

I never even talked about Eller.
Brassard is either a very poor 2nd line C or a great 3rd line C. Lucky he got to play with guys like Zucc, Stone and get top 6 minutes as well.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
I never even talked about Eller.
Brassard is either a very poor 2nd line C or a great 3rd line C. Lucky he got to play with guys like Zucc, Stone and get top 6 minutes as well.
Eller is a solid 2nd liner. He's played well on the 1st line as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad