News Article: Eller: “The gap between the forwards and defencemen is too big a lot of the time...â€

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...o-improve-according-to-eller/article21822642/

I wonder if our coach is taking notes.

Sean Gordon makes is careful to note that Eller's not taking a dig at his coach but he goes on to write:

"This shouldn’t be misconstrued as a dig at Therrien, although it indirectly raises an interesting question: How would this team and its best player, P.K. Subban, do under a coach who prized swashbuckling attacking play?"

Good question indeed. Pretty similar questions to the ones raised a few days ago in the SI article.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm not even going to comment... I'm just tired of fighting against MT and that multiverse of his. I let him win, I don't care.
tumblr_inline_mmhs1o6N8I1qz4rgp.gif

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...o-improve-according-to-eller/article21822642/

Sean Gordon makes is careful to note that Eller's not taking a dig at his coach but he goes on to write:

"This shouldn’t be misconstrued as a dig at Therrien, although it indirectly raises an interesting question: How would this team and its best player, P.K. Subban, do under a coach who prized swashbuckling attacking play?"

Good question indeed. Pretty similar questions to the ones raised a few days ago in the SI article.

Of course he does.

New game plan: Bench Eller, he need to learn whos da boss.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Eller is only stating the obvious. Our whole entire breakout is based on stretch passes with minimal chances of success.

I've never seen a team ice the puck with so much consistence. It's incredible.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Eller traded E5

He's right though. It's good that someone around the team is finally pointing out the glaring flaws in our systems.

I can't believe how disatisfied I feel with this team first place and all.
I can't shake the feeling that it could all fall apart tomorrow.
I thought winning was supposed to be fun?
Just watching the other teams play with proper zone exits and entries depresses me.
Why did the reporter feel obliged to say that Eller wasn't dissing the system 3 times?:sarcasm:
We all know the system sucks and have been saying it from the outset.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Holy crap, sounds like something lifted straight out of here:

There’s a popular conception the Habs rely too much on low-percentage stretch passes – the club must surely lead the league in icing calls – and they dump and chase far more than a team this skilled should.

(...)

Advanced stats support the obvious point – controlled entries create more scoring chances than dump-ins – and Montreal clearly wants to improve in that area.

:amazed:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Eller been talking to his DAD again? :laugh:

habitue*

I am pretty sure Eller was pointing himself and his teamates about the gap problem.

The guys are not following the game plans and structure. I am sure MT is not the one asking them to be so far apart between each other on the ice.

But of course, Eller is God for many posters on this board and MT is the village idiot. What's new here ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad