Elimination Pending

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
TOqeyTD.gif

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
"Unofficially" the Oilers are out. Their max points is 94. Colorado is on pace for 95 as the second WC team.

Reactions: Semyon Says

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
For the West:

Well I'd say Chicago needs to get at least 33 points in their final 18 games to make the playoffs. So a 92% point percentage. So they need at least 15 wins, with 3 loser points. I guess they'll pretty much be out once they go 2 more games without a point.

No other teams above them have official, or even probable elimination pending since it's so close.

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
I dont know what shocks me more... Vegas making it, or Chicago not. And by the extreme of each.

But both make me happy!

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I want the Knights to win it all. Because all you other teams are mean to my Oilers

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Found this page for the vultures circling around:

NHL Eastern Conference Losing Magic Numbers

That's for the east, but there's a corresponding page for the west. I have no idea how often they update it, but it's got Thursday's Pens@Bruins game in the stats.

If their math is right, the Coyotes would be eliminated if they lost 5 more games, assuming no other team lost. That seems close, but not quite right. With 48 points in 63 games played, if they lost the next 5, they could get at most 28 points in the remaining 14 games, for a total of 76 points. That would launch them into WC2 currently, but the Ducks (74 pts currently) play the Blues (74 pts currently), meaning one of those two teams has to get 76. But the Coyotes could still beat Anaheim on ROW. Perhaps there are more interactions among the Ducks/Blues/Avs(73)/Flames(73) that could force-feed some more points to those 4 teams.

Either way, March 11 is the earliest possible elimination day, and that requires a lot of teams to win and the Coyotes to lose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad