Player Discussion Elias Pettersson - Second Half Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
He needs 7 points in 6 games to hit 70. He needs 1 goal in 6 games to hit 30. If you told me this in December I'd think you were crazy.
after the SJ game i was like, "Dang, he could get 30 goals but there's not only so many games left, i don't know if he can do it" and now 3 games later he's within 1, lol.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Despite scoring 6 times in his first 37 games. Petterson has set a new career high in goals.

His first 37 games he had 6 goals and 17 points. His next 37 he has accumulated 23 goals and 46 points (a pace of 50 goals and 101 points). Definetly not a small sample size as 37 games is almost half a season, and we're not even done yet.

Reactions: Grantham and bh53

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Hmmm, are you saying that the poor first season was only Pettersson's fault and when Pettersson is bad then the entire Canucks team is bad?

Are you guys still happy about his contract? ;)

I really wish you guys making the playoffs, very exciting.

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
This is the best he's looked, even better than before the Kotkaniemi tackle. I used to believe he'd top out at that Barzal/Aho tier of centers (which is still very good), but he's been showing that he has franchise player potential. I'd love to eat crow on that.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant

Elias Pettersson has 6 goals, 6 assists and a plus-minus of +3 in 8 games versus the Senators in his career.​

NAMEDATETMOPPGAP+/-PIMPPGPPASHGSHAGWGOTGSS%TOI
Elias PetterssonElias Pettersson1/2/2019VAN@OTT303+20100011650.022:16
Elias PetterssonElias Pettersson3/20/2019VANvsOTT0220002000020.014:55
Elias PetterssonElias Pettersson12/3/2019VANvsOTT10100100010250.017:45
Elias PetterssonElias Pettersson2/27/2020VAN@OTT011-1001000030.018:26
Elias PetterssonElias Pettersson1/25/2021VANvsOTT000-1000000030.015:24
Elias PetterssonElias Pettersson1/27/2021VANvsOTT112+20100000425.018:54
Elias PetterssonElias Pettersson1/28/2021VANvsOTT112+100000101100.017:54
Elias PetterssonElias Pettersson12/1/2021VAN@OTT01100010000013:31
Total6612+303400312128.6139:05

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
This is the best he's looked, even better than before the Kotkaniemi tackle. I used to believe he'd top out at that Barzal/Aho tier of centers (which is still very good), but he's been showing that he has franchise player potential. I'd love to eat crow on that.
Is Aho not a franchise player to you? You have very high standards

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Hmmm, are you saying that the poor first season was only Pettersson's fault and when Pettersson is bad then the entire Canucks team is bad?

Are you guys still happy about his contract? ;)

I really wish you guys making the playoffs, very exciting.

Well #1C, #1D or elite offensive Dman, and #1 goalie can impact a game to the point where they seemingly can singlehandedly win games for his team. Canucks actually lost a lot of 1 goal games in November before the team started getting blasted. Those are the type of games where Petey could have willed the Canucks to victory.

In the first two months, Petey scored 4 goals in 4 different games. The Canucks lost 1 of those games and that was in overtime.

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
You're saying, that when Pettersson was going through his worst stretch ever, right after injury, when you said his value dropped from two firsts and a third down to two firsts, you meant two top-10 overall first round picks? For the guy who was coming off a wrist injury, and put up 24 points in 46 games (43 point pace), you thought his value had dropped to two top-10 overall picks?

No, one top 5 pick and one later one.

Yes people look at more than their current season. It’s not a newsflash lol ep had 2 and a quarter seasons that showcased his wears just fine. His value was fine.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Just my feeling, but I always had the impression that Petey was one of the players who'd given up on the previous regime and had finally had enough of their incompetence. That quote from the offseason where he said he wanted to play on a contender was, to me, very telling of where his mindset was.

And honestly, after the way respected vets like Tanev and Markstrom were treated, and not to mention the utter lack of leadership shown by the organization during the COVID outbreak, could you blame him for losing faith? From what it sounds like, that series of events essentially broke the core. It's little wonder he seemed checked out.

Hopefully Rutherford, Allvin and co. can get him back on board - an engaged, reinvigorated Petey who actually has belief in management could be such a game changer going forward. After all, when you're selling your vision of what this team could be, it's not just to stakeholders and fans... it's the players too.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Just my feeling, but I always had the impression that Petey was one of the players who'd given up on the previous regime and had finally had enough of their incompetence. That quote from the offseason where he said he wanted to play on a contender was, to me, very telling of where his mindset was.

And honestly, after the way respected vets like Tanev and Markstrom were treated, and not to mention the utter lack of leadership shown by the organization during the COVID outbreak, could you blame him for losing faith? From what it sounds like, that series of events essentially broke the core. It's little wonder he seemed checked out.

Hopefully Rutherford, Allvin and co. can get him back on board - an engaged, reinvigorated Petey who actually has belief in management could be such a game changer going forward. After all, when you're selling your vision of what this team could be, it's not just to stakeholders and fans... it's the players too.
I would say thats rubbish...If that were the case, he would have instantly reverted back to the old Petey the minute the old regime were let go...He was just as MIA for a long period of time under Boudreau...and its only recently he's felt like himself.

so...no.

• Haha
Reactions: geebaan

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016

This offseason, JR/Allvin need to find some good, stable wingers for him, either internally (Podz, Hogz) or elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad