Elias Pettersson.. Playoff Ghost

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Ironic that this thread was started by a Matthews fan.

But it's accurate, and I remember getting roasted for pointing it out during his contract talks. Much like the Leafs and their overpaid playoff failures, Vancouver would've been better off trading him instead of overpaying him

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I really don't think it has anything to do with playoff intensity. He hasn't looked right for most of the regular season as well (people who don't watch just didn't care because he was still randomly piggybacking numbers). Plop last season's version of Pettersson into the playoffs and I'm pretty sure he does well.

Definitely feels like there's some sports psychology issue with him in general (we saw some of that two years ago as well). It doesn't look like he outright doesn't care because defensively, he's still working and getting in the right spots.

This next bit is mostly baseless speculation, but he almost seems to exhibit post-concussion-like symptoms at times-- makes me wonder.

Last edited:

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
It's just so obvious when everyone on Van is trying so hard and he's out there looking like he's ready to sip Margaritas. Disgraceful effort

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
He’s had a really good game, just not producing tonight … unlike previous games where he’s done neither.
As a Leaf fan I know all about having low expectations. All he needs to do is drain one shot and he can shake that image immediately!

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Petey!
1000004725.gif

As a Leaf fan I know all about having low expectations. All he needs to do is drain one shot and he can shake that image immediately!

Like Connor Brown lol

ijuka

May 14, 2016
nice move though to move him onto wing, most coaches would make no such moves

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
oh f off cry baby. for all his flaws, he's won a series in each playoff appearance, while marner has only won 1 round in 8 playoff tries 🤡🤡🤡

lol getting carried through the playoffs means nothing. When the Canucks lose, Petterssons production will be all that is remembered and a big what if

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad