Elias pettersson hasn't scored an Even strength goal in 29 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drai Fi

Sep 17, 2019
Definitely bust material. This is almost as disappointing when Laine struggled to live up to his Lemieux comparisons.

Maybe Pettersson likes Fortnite? :sarcasm:

Last edited:

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
The league has learned how to cover him. Add a likely sophomore slump and it makes sense if he struggles going into the first half of this season. It's up to him to adjust his game accordingly. That will determine whether he will be 'elite' or merely a first liner in this league. I have high hopes for him, and am not worried. This adversity is a great learning experience for him.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Canucks fan here, not worried in the slightest.

He really has no offensive support outside of Boeser. And Boeser is coming off of a concussion due to the dirty hit he received in the preseason.

I’m almost glad he’s struggling a bit because he was overshadowing a lot of glaring issues that we have.

People (our GM included) seem to think we’re a team that’s ready to contend for the playoffs when in reality our roster and assets fall in line with that of being halfway through a rebuild.

We need more young talent to surround Pettersson with.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Should Canuck fans be worried? What has happened to his great shot.

He was literally being compared to Gretzky. I still really like him but he needs to start producing at even strength or he will be known as a one trick pp pony.
When and by who? and where can i get the drugs they were on?

LD29

Jan 19, 2019
He is a bust, lets face it.

No, seriously now. How old is he again? He absolutely overperformed last year and had a shooting percentage he could statistically not maintain. He will score again, but he will not be the elite sniper some predicted him to be after the first year.

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
But he did it in Sweden for the last two seasons. You guys just never watched him play.

Crosby was going to pass to torch to Pettersson and skip McDavid. He is just that good, Gretzky said so!

All joking aside the kid will find his groove again after he adjusts to other teams adjusting to him.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
He ran out of steam last year in the last 20 games of the season. He had very little muscle mass and even for guys who are built, not being able to play a full season at full tilt is typical for 95% of rookies. If he scores very little at even strength for the NEXT 25 games -- then I'll be worried.

Reactions: Szechwan

ijuka

May 14, 2016
That's only logical. He had such a high shooting % that it was bound to even itself out eventually.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Some Edmonton oiler staff member, you may have heard of him once of twice before. His name was Wayne Gretzky

Wayne Gretzky compares Canucks' Elias Pettersson to himself, Sidney Crosby - Sportsnet.ca

I think the guy might just be an expert on what it takes to be the next Gretzky but then again, I've seen him coach.
Yeah you can't take anything that comes out of Wayne's mouth to that effect seriously, and after reading the article, Wayne compares Pettersson's style of play to his, not his skill level

"From my point of view, he’s got a lot of my similarities,” Gretzky said on Sportsnet 650 Monday morning. “His hockey sense and his playmaking ability is as good as anybody right now, and that’s probably where the comparisons come from — much more the playmaking than anything else.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad