Feb 15, 2007
UK
upload_2021-1-22_6-43-54.gif

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
That's weird AF man. He's not even watching the play, and then he has literally zero reaction to the goal. Looks sad while everyone is celebrating around him.
He's watching on the screen, but yea, that's some really odd body language.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
A weird aberration that would be notable if it occurred mid-season in an 82 game schedule, but is extremely attention-grabbing to start a season especially in a shortened one. I'd just chalk it up to a weird event happening, with a potential cause of it happening after a start with no pre-season. Not only did players not have a pre-season, but a significant amount of them had also dramatically altered off-seasons training-wise.
Yeah, this is not true. Looking back at last season Pettersson had 2 points in 15 games against Canadian teams, the same Canadian teams he ends up playing every time this year. So with this years games that's 3 points now in the last 21 games against Canadian teams for Pettersson.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

It's more than just his stat line. He's acting weird, like in this video. And doesn't seem to have his usual swagger on the ice.

I was wondering if he's got some teammate or coach issues goin on.

uhhm.. what the hell. maybe someone talk to the kid. take some time off if your head isn't in the game due to something happening off the ice.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Since he entered the league he's been insanely competitive, hates to lose, played with energy and confidence, dangled guys regularly, plays a complete 200 foot game and backchecked with a vengeance.

Probably the most fiery guy on the team although less expressive than someone like Miller.

This season so far it's like someone took his soul out of his body. No motor at all. No emotion. Poor 2 way effort. No hands either.

No idea wtf happened to him.

I'm sure he'll be fine and I'm not worried at all, but it is weird.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Yeah, this is not true. Looking back at last season Pettersson had 2 points in 15 games against Canadian teams, the same Canadian teams he ends up playing every time this year. So with this years games that's 3 points now in the last 21 games against Canadian teams for Pettersson.
You so dramatically missed my point I don't know where to start.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Canucks5551

Jun 1, 2005
I don’t think there’s anything to be worried about in the long term. His skill didn’t just disappear and he’s still working hard; he’s just out of sync and clearly up in his own head about the slump.

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
He'll be fine. I'm guessing he finishes the season just under PPG

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Since he entered the league he's been insanely competitive, hates to lose, played with energy and confidence, dangled guys regularly, plays a complete 200 foot game and backchecked with a vengeance.

Probably the most fiery guy on the team although less expressive than someone like Miller.

This season so far it's like someone took his soul out of his body. No motor at all. No emotion. Poor 2 way effort. No hands either.

No idea wtf happened to him.

I'm sure he'll be fine and I'm not worried at all, but it is weird.

Yeah, it's strange. However, players are just people like us. They also have a life outside of hockey, loved ones etc. It could well be something outside hockey that is bothering him greatly.

Super-skilled player though, will bounce back at some point.

Reactions: Howard Beale

BluesyShoes

Unregistered User
Dec 11, 2010
He's on an island right now. Gonna take some time. No better time for adversity really, all things considered. He was on a high in the playoffs, and had off-season success with publicity and fashion in the local media. Looks like those around him are letting him go through the motions, and he's gonna have to learn a hard lesson about acquiescence. He's getting humbled in a hard way.

Reactions: johan f

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad