Player Discussion Elias "NHL All-Star" Pettersson, Pt. X

How many goals does EP score this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Interesting talk about Benning on Pettersson's draft day, and how they were going to work out a deal with LVGK..

Kuzma,Province..
"The GM also wondered if he could hit the daily double on opening night of the draft. Could he get a quality centre by swapping first-round picks and adding a second- or third-rounder by changing places?
The Vegas Golden Knights suggested swapping No. 5 and No. 6 picks to ensure they landed Glass because the Canucks also had a level of interest.
The Golden Knights also dangled a second-round pick to move up one spot because they owned three second-rounders. But they backed off when the buzz was the Canucks were going to select Pettersson.
In theory, the Canucks could have picked Pettersson sixth overall and had another second-round pick, but the Golden Knights could have also changed their minds and snagged Pettersson.
“We talked to three or four teams about moving down, but as we were doing it and going through the process, I made the decision that we didn’t want to risk losing him,” said Benning.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Interesting talk about Benning on Pettersson's draft day, and how they were going to work out a deal with LVGK..

Kuzma,Province..
"The GM also wondered if he could hit the daily double on opening night of the draft. Could he get a quality centre by swapping first-round picks and adding a second- or third-rounder by changing places?
The Vegas Golden Knights suggested swapping No. 5 and No. 6 picks to ensure they landed Glass because the Canucks also had a level of interest.
The Golden Knights also dangled a second-round pick to move up one spot because they owned three second-rounders. But they backed off when the buzz was the Canucks were going to select Pettersson.
In theory, the Canucks could have picked Pettersson sixth overall and had another second-round pick, but the Golden Knights could have also changed their minds and snagged Pettersson.
“We talked to three or four teams about moving down, but as we were doing it and going through the process, I made the decision that we didn’t want to risk losing him,” said Benning.
That's not the way Mr. I've read every post on here in 15 years recalls it.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Now that the Matthews deal has set a benchmark, where do we see Pettersson fitting in cap wise?

If he has an even better year next season, I would say we lock him up for $10.5 million/8 years.

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
Now that the Matthews deal has set a benchmark, where do we see Pettersson fitting in cap wise?

If he has an even better year next season, I would say we lock him up for $10.5 million/8 years.

if he continues on his current trajectory he'll be getting McDavid money, which I'm 100% ok with, pay him whatever the hell he'll want

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
if he continues on his current trajectory he'll be getting McDavid money, which I'm 100% ok with, pay him whatever the hell he'll want
For sure. You have to remind yourself of this: no Swedish player in history has ever dominated Allsvenskan and the SEL as a rookie as much as Petterson by a fair margin, except Kent Nilsson and he was born 25 years too early for his skillset. And none has dominated as much in his rookie year. Not Sundin, Forsberg, Lidström, the Sundins, Bäckström, etc. And everyone has complained about his lack of muscles, every year and he has always proved them wrong (not that I don't think it's a good thing to add some more strength, I agree and he probably will).

And then he still supersedes all expectations - again - for his third professional year. He's winning a Calder, up to this point it's who can match him historically? And he's just getting started, he knows he can't be complacent, ever.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
The pettersson hatorade is in full force on mainboards. Cant have a superstar swede in nhl, it was the same with Erik Karlsson and Peter Forsberg.

People make fun of his shooting % and everybody think he will be a sieve next season.

What people dont understand is that he might take more shots next season and thus scoring same amount of goals. Oh no that is not possible right?

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Just hope he breaks 40 goals and 80 points so the certain teams fans will stop with the our players better AINEC crowd can shut up. This guy has literally raised the whole mood in the lower mainland if not BC !

Reactions: GoodBetterBoest

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
The pettersson hatorade is in full force on mainboards. Cant have a superstar swede in nhl, it was the same with Erik Karlsson and Peter Forsberg.

People make fun of his shooting % and everybody think he will be a sieve next season.

What people dont understand is that he might take more shots next season and thus scoring same amount of goals. Oh no that is not possible right?

You know what they say, there are three sides to the force: the light side, the dark side, and the sour grape side.

Reactions: Zombotron

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I think Canuck fans would be doing the same thing if EP played for the leafs and scorong on 28% of his shots. It's not interesting.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Elias Pettersson just recorded his 50th career point in game no. 45.

Other rookies 20 or younger in the last 25 years with 50 career points in 45 or less games:
1) Alex Ovechkin
2) Evgeni Malkin
3) Sidney Crosby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad