Player Discussion Elias "NHL All-Star" Pettersson, Pt. X

How many goals does EP score this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Amazing that his shooting percentage is still so gol'dang high. Still #1 in the league.
3096glt.jpg

The ultimate fan

Oct 16, 2018
Pettersson's not good at defending in his own zone. He's great at coming back to negate odd-man rushes, but when the puck is in the defensive zone and Pettersson has to take a man, he's been pretty poor at defending. It's almost like a deer in headlights watching him chase the play in his own zone.

You can "think" what ever you want to think but I trust my eye's and experience and coach Green's who has said "he is one of the best if not the best young forward playing defense that he has ever seen"over your opinion that he is pretty poor defensively. Furthermore, his plus minus is excellent but he has nothing to do with that. Yeah right.

Reactions: daddyohsix

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
You can "think" what ever you want to think but I trust my eye's and experience and coach Green's who has said "he is one of the best if not the best young forward playing defense that he has ever seen"over your opinion that he is pretty poor defensively. Furthermore, his plus minus is excellent but he has nothing to do with that. Yeah right.

Green also thinks Derrick Pouliot and Erik gudbranson is an NHL pairing.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
We need to find another elite player for him to play with. Boeser is starting to look more like himself, but they need an elite winger on the other side.

They should be going all in for Mark Stone in the off-season.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Who bloody cares if the media gets it feeling hurts from the death stare when they ask dumbass questions? Not sure if the VCR org. really cares, but if they do, we can add them to the dumbass group. (which most of us have already done anyways ....).

All of the real fans (which would be us HFB group) think its funny as hell and love him all the more.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Who bloody cares if the media gets it feeling hurts from the death stare when they ask dumbass questions? Not sure if the VCR org. really cares, but if they do, we can add them to the dumbass group. (which most of us have already done anyways ....).

All of the real fans (which would be us HFB group) think its funny as hell and love him all the more.
The only problem I see is that our thin-skinned, mostly incompetent media will potentially take it personally rather than improve themselves. They'll get their knives out and hold them close biding time, and then go all in trashing him the minute that Petey starts to falter and the sheep-like fanbase will go along with it.

We've seen this in recent history that how nice the media plays in this market is totally dependent on how well they're given the warm fuzzies by everyone else. And that the most of the fanbase uncritically goes along with whatever they're told.

Personally I love the death stares and hope he does it his whole career.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Pettersson is such an *prickly* player, love how he doesn't get star struck by anyone. I like Benning's quote from his interview talking about how Pettersson actually is trying to be the best player in the NHL and is always intense on gamedays.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
EP will be an insane playoff performer based entirely on his desire to be the best, he wants the cup only because the cup is the biggest trophy out there.

He will play for the Canucks as a forward for the first six years, once he had won the Selke, Richard and Hart he will become a defenseman, shouldn’t take him more than a year or two before he wins the Norris, in which case he will become a goalie and win the Vezina. I’m not exactly sure on how long he will take to pull the third trophy off because we will likely not have a strong defense 10 years from now as it stands today but mark my words gentlemen mark my words

LovemyNucks

May 26, 2009
England
EP will be an insane playoff performer based entirely on his desire to be the best, he wants the cup only because the cup is the biggest trophy out there.

He will play for the Canucks as a forward for the first six years, once he had won the Selke, Richard and Hart he will become a defenseman, shouldn’t take him more than a year or two before he wins the Norris, in which case he will become a goalie and win the Vezina. I’m not exactly sure on how long he will take to pull the third trophy off because we will likely not have a strong defense 10 years from now as it stands today but mark my words gentlemen mark my words

You forgot the Masterson...

I'm not sure why you are trying to put limitations on Pettersson but I think you need to accept that at some point there will be a Pettersson trophy awarded to the player that best exemplifies seeing/hearing/feeling/tasting/smelling hockey in ones and zeroes.

This award will be created a few years from now and Pettersson will continue to win it every year of his career and 20 years past his retirement...which he will retire in 50 years (give or take).

Mark my words gentlemen, mark my words...

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
"Federov who?" - Elias Pettersson, 2026
Well, Datsyuk is obviously a good enough role model for the development of his own game. ;)

For sure. All of us are sick and tired of the incompetent media and that they don't have some sort of moral standard of sinking performance. They don't try to think, they're not deep, they're just paid clowns, or push their agenda with no shame.
The only problem I see is that our thin-skinned, mostly incompetent media will potentially take it personally rather than improve themselves. They'll get their knives out and hold them close biding time, and then go all in trashing him the minute that Petey starts to falter and the sheep-like fanbase will go along with it.

We've seen this in recent history that how nice the media plays in this market is totally dependent on how well they're given the warm fuzzies by everyone else. And that the most of the fanbase uncritically goes along with whatever they're told.

Personally I love the death stares and hope he does it his whole career.
I see a high chance of Pettersson clashing with the clown media, unfortunately. It's up to the team and fans to stand up to them, because where the hell is the quality? Where ends the journalist ego and where starts the performance of stated laws, within the business?

Bieksa first time meeting EP
Must listen ....lmao

So much northern Swedish. I'm laughing my ass off. It usually takes me four times to remember a name of someone, unless it's remarkable or especially noticable. And I'm a teacher. Bieksa is noticable. So it only took two times, that's a pass according to me.
Pettersson is such an *prickly* player, love how he doesn't get star struck by anyone. I like Benning's quote from his interview talking about how Pettersson actually is trying to be the best player in the NHL and is always intense on gamedays.
I have to say, it's the entire package of Pettersson that has won me over. It's not his sick skills, perseverance, humility, drive towards proving everyone wrong ("you're too small, you need more muscles boy!"), his idols (Datsyuk)... and then his words come after what he proves. That's the thing. So mature at his age, with his skill? Extremely impressive.

I'm not sure he's a pure introvert, that's hard to tell when it comes for men from northern Sweden. Northern Swedes are kind of a special case, just as Northern Finns and Russians. The cold talks to you and there's no point responding, unless there is a point.

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018

The media sure give fans in Van lots of reason to hate them when they start in on a rookie having an elite year with issue surrounding his personality...so typical of Ed Willes, the same douche that started the 'Toronto vs Vancouver' rebuild crap in the summer.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
You forgot the Masterson...

I'm not sure why you are trying to put limitations on Pettersson but I think you need to accept that at some point there will be a Pettersson trophy awarded to the player that best exemplifies seeing/hearing/feeling/tasting/smelling hockey in ones and zeroes.

This award will be created a few years from now and Pettersson will continue to win it every year of his career and 20 years past his retirement...which he will retire in 50 years (give or take).

Mark my words gentlemen, mark my words...

This will all pale in comparison to the day that Elias becomes the first female President of the United States of America, despite never having lived there.

Reactions: LovemyNucks

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
has a player ever won Selke + Hart in the same year? Let alone in his sophomore season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->