Value of: Elias Lindholm

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Well, new to Carolina.

Only "kind of". He's been President of Hockey Operations since 2014 in Carolina and a prior GM. Your post implied that you hoped Chayka would be able to take advantage of some new GM that didn't know what he was doing. That clearly doesn't fit Waddell.

Reactions: Unsustainable

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Only "kind of". He's been President of Hockey Operations since 2014 in Carolina and a prior GM. Your post implied that you hoped Chayka would be able to take advantage of some new GM that didn't know what he was doing. That clearly doesn't fit Waddell.

My apologies - you know I thought it was Waddell that recently said that the Canes needed a major shakeup and that the either the players needed to get tougher or tougher players needed to be brought in. Hence my comment regarding Chayka.

It clearly wasn't.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
My apologies - you know I thought it was Waddell that recently said that the Canes needed a major shakeup and that the either the players needed to get tougher or tougher players needed to be brought in. Hence my comment regarding Chayka.

It clearly wasn't.

It was the owner. But HF fans always read: tougher to play against as "bad players who are big and strong". He also said Sebastian Aho was tough to play against. Good players who compete hard are tough to play against.

I don't think Lindholm is untouchable by any means, I just don't think they are going to make moves like good, young players for guys like Matt Martin.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I wonder if there is a possibility of a Bennett+ for Lindholm deal. Would love to put him on our right side. Try him out with Monahan & Gaudreau.

Maybe Bennett + Ferland for Lindholm, the right to Ryan and say a 4th rounder?

Last edited:
Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don't think it's that much too much, maybe a little. Some Canes fans will say **** no! And I suspect some Sabre's fans will say **** no!
I think it's a pretty big overpayment as a neutral fan. ROR is a very good player, but his contract will hurt his value a bit IMO and the difference between he and Lindholm is not a 1st and a good defensive prospect.

Reactions: Cardiac_Canes

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I think it's a pretty big overpayment as a neutral fan. ROR is a very good player, but his contract will hurt his value a bit IMO and the difference between he and Lindholm is not a 1st and a good defensive prospect.

Probably right that it's an overpayment, although I would think Sabres fans would disagree. That's the nature of the trade board though.

re: his contract, it won't hurt Carolina. We'll never spend to the cap and after $8.5M next year, it drops to $6M for the final 4 years. $6M is very reasonable for a player of ROR's caliber when the Cap hit isn't an issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad