Value of: Elias Lindholm

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Solid player but maybe a little underwhelming thus far considering his draft position.

Maybe he could use a change of scenery?

Edmonton? Calgary?

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Would love to add him, but given both the Yotes and Canes need young forward talent in general, I'm not sure if there's a trade to be made.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Unless a better top-6 C is coming back, Lindholm doesn't move. He has too much utility value as he can play top-to-bottom on the Canes roster as well as the PK.

If anything the Canes would move something like Faulk/Hanifin + Lindholm/Rask for a bigger upgrade at #1C or #1G.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The Oilers aren’t going to trade Nugent-Hopkins or Puljujarvi or the 10th for Lindholm. I’m sure their fans would balk at Yamamoto. A 2nd + does nothing for Carolina, unless the organization is cash strapped beyond recognition. Not good trading partners here, imo.

The strength of Calgary’s prospect pool is on defense, which doesn’t help Carolina. Buying low on Bennett would be interesting, but I''m not sure Carolina is as desperate for a potential center as they might have been this time last year.

Would love to add him, but given both the Yotes and Canes need young forward talent in general, I'm not sure if there's a trade to be made.

Lindholm for Domi could be an interesting change of scenery trade.

Last edited by a moderator:

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Lindholm doesn't need a change in scenery. His stats might not reflect it but he's become a huge part of the offense overall. He's used in all situations, has gotten much stronger and really has started showing some confidence. Play him with better scorers and his points would be higher, he's a pass first guy.

He was put in the NHL at 18 for no good reason, and it is reflected in his overall stats. He would've been much better off waiting a year or two, but it's a sign of how good a player he is that he was developed so poorly and came out the other side a very solid player. He's one of the last guys I would move from the Canes forwards right now.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
I’d give up the Leafs 1st and a prospect for him

Johnsson - Lindholm - Nylander would be a solid 2a/2b line

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I'm a fan for Lindholm but I wouldn't trade what Carolina needs being RNH for him.

Lindholm + Faulk for Puljujarvi + 40th + B prospect is the most I'd offer and would likely be quickly declined.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Lindholm for Domi could be an interesting change of scenery trade.

Domi ended the season with 23 points in the final 28 games and 15 in the final 14 after being paired with Strome and clicking pretty much immediately. Chayka identified him as part of the core going forward.

Domi is probably more movable than OEL, Keller, Strome, and Chychrun, but as much as I'd love to add Lindholm I wouldn't pull the trigger on that swap.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Domi ended the season with 23 points in the final 28 games and 15 in the final 14 after being paired with Strome and clicking pretty much immediately. Chayka identified him as part of the core going forward.

Domi is probably more movable than OEL, Keller, Strome, and Chychrun, but as much as I'd love to add Lindholm I wouldn't pull the trigger on that swap.

Canes would be overpaying. I agree.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

Oh. I was unaware that Domi had turned around his season to such an extent.

Not sure what else would be a fit. I’m pretty sure the Canes wouldn’t want to go the futures route unless they had to budgetarily.

Reactions: Unsustainable

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Oh. I was unaware that Domi had turned around his season to such an extent.

Not sure what else would be a fit. I’m pretty sure the Canes wouldn’t want to go the futures route unless they had to budgetarily.

FWIW, as much as I'd love to see Chayka outmaneuver a new GM, I do hope your new GM doesn't move Lindholm, and if he does, doesn't sell low on him. I was very high on him in his draft and I think he still can be an excellent Bergeron-like center.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
FWIW, as much as I'd love to see Chayka outmaneuver a new GM, I do hope your new GM doesn't move Lindholm, and if he does, doesn't sell low on him. I was very high on him in his draft and I think he still can be an excellent Bergeron-like center.

Don Waddell is not new.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad