Eleven hours, 32 minutes, and counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hutt

Feb 25, 2006
I'm so pumped up about this game, that I cannot sleep. There's so much adrealine allready, that I could beat all the guys in city of Stockholm all by myself. And wipe out some Gothenburg ***, while at it. :madfire: :madfire: :madfire:

I'll start drinking brandy. Lets hope that saves Sweden from blowing up and sinking to the sea due to my wrath. :madfire: :madfire: :madfire:

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Hutt said:
I'm so pumped up about this game, that I cannot sleep. There's so much adrealine allready, that I could beat all the guys in city of Stockholm all by myself. And wipe out some Gothenburg ***, while at it. :madfire: :madfire: :madfire:

I'll start drinking brandy. Lets hope that saves Sweden from blowing up and sinking to the sea due to my wrath. :madfire: :madfire: :madfire:

Anyone want to sit next to this guy?

g52*

I could care less about this stupid game. Please bring back the NHL. It cant come soon enough.

Moon Man*

g52 said:
I could care less about this stupid game. Please bring back the NHL. It cant come soon enough.

Disagree and Agree.

Should be a barn-burner of a game, I can't wait. Also, I want to get the Trade Deadline and Playoff push excitement going...

magical hippo

Feb 25, 2006
I can't sleep either! I wish I had some pills as I want to be clear when the game begins.

The closer it is getting to the game the more nervous I am becoming. Team Sweden consists of better players so our team must have 100% performance to get Gold.

You North Americans and others who don't care about the Gold game, I think you should give the game a try. Finland - Sweden games are usually extremely intense and this is a Olympic Gold game.

oilfaninvan

Mar 31, 2004
van
g52 said:

The USA never stood a chance in this tournament.

Once I get past the fact that Canada sucked donkeys and lost out, I realize that this gold medal final is actually going to be really awesome. Probably the best one ever, in terms of the rivalry. When was the last time Fin/swe played in any type of final??

I thought finland might win, but after going over Sweden's lineup, man they have some amazing talent. I have to go with Sweden in this one unless the Finnish goalie can pull a miracle.

I can't wait for this game either. :yo:

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Newfie Jesus said:
Disagree and Agree.

Should be a barn-burner of a game, I can't wait. Also, I want to get the Trade Deadline and Playoff push excitement going...

Bolded part is definitely something I'm NOT looking forward to. Day after day of "OMG guyz EKLUND!11!!! sez..." posts.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
g52 said:

Why is it stupid? Because the team you liked got knocked out?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
i could careless...i only watch Olympic hockey for 1 country...MY COUNTRY!!! Canada and they are out so i don't wanna watch Olympic hockey anymore. I want to watch my Penguins again even though they suck and are frusterating lots of times. Please NHL come back ASAP!!!

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Thank God I'm working during the game so I can watch it. otherwise I wouldn't be up. Hopefully Teppo and Lydman can win the gold and parlay that into a cup for Buffalo

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
I am cheering for a good game. I don't like either team particularly more, and I really enjoy watching most of the players on each team.

Go hockey!

GuloGulo

Nov 16, 2005
trunkofacamaro
oilfaninvan said:
When was the last time Fin/swe played in any type of final??

World Champs 1998. Sweden won gold (two games) by 0-0, and 1-0.

However Finland won the euro hockey tour last year over two games.

g52*

octopi said:
Why is it stupid? Because the team you liked got knocked out?

If the USA was in it I would care only a little more.

NHL Hockey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Olympic Hockey

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I've made plans to go down to the pub and watch the game at 6 AM tomorrow morning. I'll watch the Man Utd FA Cup game after that.

It's going to be a hell of a game, I honestly cannot wait.

GO SAKU!!!!!!!! :yo:

potty

Feb 24, 2006
g52 said:
If the USA was in it I would care only a little more.

NHL Hockey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Olympic Hockey
If only...

We are talking about the olympic finals here...

No chance the USA was even near. Go back to your slumber.

Moon Man*

Epsilon said:
Bolded part is definitely something I'm NOT looking forward to. Day after day of "OMG guyz EKLUND!11!!! sez..." posts.

True... I was thinking more along the lines of giving HF a rest (because the server will be having a prolapse anyway) and letting TSN give me updates on the actual day (March 7th?)... not watching the Trade Rumours forum brew into a hysterical mess...

but yeah, I can't wait to cheer on Teppo and Toni...

g52*

potty said:
If only...

We are talking about the olympic finals here...

No chance the USA was even near. Go back to your slumber.

I knew going into this tourney that the USA was going to suck and not go anywhere. The only people who care about this game are the Finland / Sweden fans. The other 80% of the hockey world wants the NHL back.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
g52 said:
I knew going into this tourney that the USA was going to suck and not go anywhere. The only people who care about this game are the Finland / Sweden fans. The other 80% of the hockey world wants the NHL back.
80% of the hockey world? The hockey world doesn't just consist of USA and Canada if you believed that.

Hutt

Feb 25, 2006
g52 said:

I know, I know. :cry:

I seriously think we 5,2 million Finns should somehow leave rally to the Russians, ski jumping to the Swedes, Formula 1 to the Chinese, curling to the Canadians, hockey to the Merkings, economy to the Nigerians,... and go back to our distant planet with our star fleet.

potty

Feb 24, 2006
Hutt said:
I know, I know. :cry:

I seriously think we 5,2 million Finns should somehow leave rally to the Russians, ski jumping to the Swedes, Formula 1 to the Chinese, curling to the Canadians, hockey to the Merkings, economy to the Nigerians,... and go back to our distant planet with our star fleet.
... trapping to the Americans...

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
i think the USA performed better than most people think. Look at their games:

3-3 latvia, stolen by goalie, US dominated.
4-1 kazhakstan, US was dominant
2-1 slovak win, US was the better team and held most of the play
2-1 swedish win, US and swedes played a very even game
5-4 russian win, US was the better team, a few weak goals were allowed
4-3 finnish win, US held its own and dominated the 3rd, nittymaki stole the game IMO.

Call me biased, but that is how i saw the US play. They just couldnt put it together. They had good games but couldnt finish, and when they seemingly found there finishing, the goaltending fell apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad