Status
Not open for further replies.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
''agreement in principle announced tonight''

''no way this goes past Saturday''

:shakehead

I didnt mind him for a lil while , but he blew it with those remarks that didnt come to pass .

acr*

I wouldn't say it's complete and utter fabrication. I believe he has worked for the league or a team in the league and is posting only the good parts of what he hears and exaggerrates them. I assume someone told him "if they're lucky, they could agree by Saturday, but I doubt it" and Eklund posts "Source:AGREEMENT TO BE ANNOUNCED SATURDAY!"

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
The thing that makes me think Eklund may be legit is the fact that his reports are very detailed and he spends alot of time doing these reports

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
I think he probably hears some rumors from some insider types and I give him credit for being ahead of the media on some things (like Goodenow possibly being on the outs) but he clearly does not get all the details.

He is what he is. He would probably be much better off not reporting *everything* he hears because it ruins his credibility. He is too quick to assume everything he hears is true.

habitue*

handtrick said:
Simple poll about whether you think Eklund's blog is legit hockey rumors from sources in the know, or a totally made up farce with no inside info whatsoever.

Why waste more time about that guy (?) ?

handtrick

Sep 18, 2004
Chattanooga, TN
habitué said:
Why waste more time about that guy (?) ?

There seems to be quite a discrepancy on this board about whether he is legit or not. It seems very popular to bash him. I was wondering what the sentiment would be in an anonymous poll.

If you feel it is a waste of time.....fine.....don't vote, bash, ignore, do whatever.

Love him, or hate him.......you gotta admit though, he has been something of a phenomenon over the past couple weeks, as fans are starving for any shread of positive news in the hockey lockout world..... :dunno:

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
I said in another thread that the majority of this board, as well as other boards recognize him as a complete fraud. Someone called me out on it...

Based on these poll results, I was right.

coyoteshockeyfan

Mar 17, 2004
Coyote Country
The truth probably lies somewhere in between. I dont think he's making everything up out of nowhere, because most people just dont have that kind of dedication, but on the other hand, he isnt getting many of his predictions correct either.

Crazy Lunatic

Hmmm... let me think about this for a few minutes. Ok, the guy is 100% wrong, the guy has never broken a single story, the guy has never been proven right on any of his "insider info", the guy makes outlandish comments like (and I'm paraphrasing) "the NHL emailed me very upset about my last post" or "all the media guys were talking about the man known as Eklund, it was so funny when me and my buddy looked at eachother, knowing that only we knew who Eklund was." This stuff is a dead giveaway, only an absolute fool would think he's a legit reporter. Why in the hell would the the NHL or the media give a rats ass about a guy who is 100% wrong with every "rumor" he posts? To all you guys who think he's legit because he spends time posting on his blog, thats a pretty weak reason. He posts maybe once or twice a day and any of us could be doing that. Hes a lonely guy who wants attention, nothing more.

hockeymistress

Oct 9, 2004
Crazy Lunatic said:
Hmmm... let me think about this for a few minutes. Ok, the guy is 100% wrong, the guy has never broken a single story, the guy has never been proven right on any of his "insider info", the guy makes outlandish comments like (and I'm paraphrasing) "the NHL emailed me very upset about my last post" or "all the media guys were talking about the man known as Eklund, it was so funny when me and my buddy looked at eachother, knowing that only we knew who Eklund was." This stuff is a dead giveaway, only an absolute fool would think he's a legit reporter. Why in the hell would the the NHL or the media give a rats ass about a guy who is 100% wrong with every "rumor" he posts? To all you guys who think he's legit because he spends time posting on his blog, thats a pretty weak reason. He posts maybe once or twice a day and any of us could be doing that. Hes a lonely guy who wants attention, nothing more.

This is the best summary.
One of the big giveaways is Eklund's out of control narcissism. He does not just report rumors, he has to really, really make sure he explains his importance. It almost seems like the more bashing he gets on this board (of course he reads it, he probably checks 15 times a day) the more his updates include desperate attempts to explain why everyone (including the NHL and NHLPA) is so interested in him.

H.

Jaysfanatic*

**** BEANS! I wanted to vote for illegit fruitcake, but instead voted for legit......bloody hell.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
He'd have to be a serious psycho if he's making it up, but anything is possible.

My take: he knows a few people, and he believes the information he is getting. Whether it's true or not, now that is another story. The "insiders" he knows may not be that inside, and speculate to him (or her).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad