Rumor: Eklund- Preds looking at Matt Moulson

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
I've never been a fan of Moulson. I don't think he'd be a good fit here. We need forwards who are strong with the puck and can create offense. Moulson is more of a sniper floater who needs to play with good playmakers.

That said, beggars can't be choosers. If he'd be willing to come here as a free agent, I'd listen. But will I give up assets for him? No way

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Horrible idea.

I hope this is just Ekland and doesn't have any truth.

He's UFA. We have 2% chance of making the playoffs. We have minimal assets. He will not be cheap.

This the kind of crap that depleted our assets to begin with (trading for soon to be UFAs). The only ones that resigned were Gill and Guaustad-- which were huge mistakes. He will not be cheap. Scored over 30 multiple times.

If Poile makes a move like this, it will be total desperation, denial and stupidity. But, it wouldn't surprise me as that's how he's been operating the last 2 years.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Moulson is one of the fastest guys in the league and can score. I can see what they are thinking. However it is not going to do any good if he is placed on a line with people Trotz loves to put skill guys with.
Poile has already said he wants players going the other way. It will probably be an overpayment put a decent guy in a trade for probably two or more players going the other way.

Moulson is a snail. You need some speed and good puck possession players with him, guys that can carry up the puck and enter the zone well.

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
I wouldn't do this, this season is likely done for the Preds, so make the most of it by building for the future, trade Legwand at the deadline and use the high pick in the draft to stock up for the future.

If management/ownership is serious, then this off-season pick up one or two scoring UFAs (honestly, may require jettisoning Trotz to make the team attractive).

If we want Moulson, then bid on him for the off-season, but beware that some are saying he'll be upwards of $6 million.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/ru...gr-keep-it-up/

And Eklund is a joke, so I'm not worried.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad