Rumor: Eklund- Preds looking at Matt Moulson

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
its a rumor by eklund. doubt anything is done. and not the answer to our problems. we need a first line guy closer to an elite talent

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Well, it depends what the price is but I'm fine with it...... but I don't think I believe it.

As much as we want to complain about our underperforming O - and it has been abysmal, generally - our problem is STOPPING the other team; we only seem to do it when we score first. Short of a line of Crosby Stammer Kane with a D like ours we aren't going to beat anyone. The Fs have to over-compensate for the D which both takes energy and puts people out-of-position on the ice to actually make an offensive push.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Moulson is a pending ufa, right? Id be happy to have him but not if it costs a lot. Of course if we get him now and are still out of the running at the deadline we could trade him again, I suppose

yea impending UFA.. didn't mention that. makes zero sense

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Depends on the price. And as I said, if we get him now and still tank, we flip him again at the deadline

i guess that could happen but i don't think that has ever been done .. maybe a time or 2. it won't happen. and we are tanking. this team will have to win 8 of the next 10 just to get back in the discussion. rinne being out has sealed our fate. we should be looking for options that are younger than moulson. why go after a 30 year old impending UFA that wont solve our problems all the while being nowhere near a contender.. makes zero sense imo

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
i guess that could happen but i don't think that has ever been done .. maybe a time or 2. it won't happen. and we are tanking. this team will have to win 8 of the next 10 just to get back in the discussion. rinne being out has sealed our fate. we should be looking for options that are younger than moulson. why go after a 30 year old impending UFA that wont solve our problems all the while being nowhere near a contender.. makes zero sense imo

He's pretty much the forward that so many here keep clamoring for. 30+ goals in the last full three seasons, 15 in the shutout shortened season, 13 so far this season. He can score. It comes down to both price in trade and expected cost to sign if he makes sense as a trade target ... but ... he is the type scorer these boards keep asking for.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

If the owners are wanting poile to try to salvage this season, this is the kind of low risk move that makes sense provided the cost isnt much

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
i don't think this season is worth salvaging but if the cost isn't much like you said then i guess whatever.

and he may be what people are clamoring for but he won't solve our offense.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Sabres fans seemed to think they would flip him for a 1st or more as the deadline approached. No way in hell I give that up for UFA Moulson, although he does definitely help fill that goal-scoring hole. Thoughts on moving one of the younger players (i.e. Wilson, Smith) for Moulson instead of the 1st?

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Moulson would be a great piece. Some sickening news tonight, watching the Islanders Vanek will be a UFA this summer too and The Isles announcers said that hes leaning toward a deal with the Wild. His wife is from Mn and he likes the area this pains me to think Liarpold may well get another top offensive player.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Moulson would be a great piece. Some sickening news tonight, watching the Islanders Vanek will be a UFA this summer too and The Isles announcers said that hes leaning toward a deal with the Wild. His wife is from Mn and he likes the area this pains me to think Liarpold may well get another top offensive player.

Wouldn't mind seeing the Wild overpay another 30+ year-old winger at all. Still the 3rd best team in the division, at best, and can't even firmly establish themselves at that.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Moulson is one of the fastest guys in the league and can score. I can see what they are thinking. However it is not going to do any good if he is placed on a line with people Trotz loves to put skill guys with.
Poile has already said he wants players going the other way. It will probably be an overpayment put a decent guy in a trade for probably two or more players going the other way.

cleangene63

Jan 25, 2006
Beautiful Bellevue
moulson is one of the fastest guys in the league and can score. I can see what they are thinking. However it is not going to do any good if he is placed on a line with people trotz loves to put skill guys with.
Poile has already said he wants players going the other way. It will probably be an overpayment put a decent guy in a trade for probably two or more players going the other way.

this.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Unless there's a reasonable chance\assumption that he'll sign here, this makes no sense.

The team isn't a "buyer." There's virtually no chance of making the playoffs...to give up assets for a rental would\should be a boot to Poile's rear out the door.

With that said, I can't even remember the last time that Eklund got something right. His already paper-thin credibility is shot.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
I have a feeling Matt Moulson would sign here. 4 Years 18 mil. 5+5+4+4. He would basically run our offense and would pair nicely with Smith or Forsberg. Plus he is a goal scorer, something that we despreately need

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
Moulson isn't the type of player worth giving up a potential top 3 pick for. His PPG have dropped since he stopped playing with Tavares. Still a good player, just if you get him not using a high 1st. His scoring would look like Hornqvist's here.

Wrong Box Legwand

Jul 29, 2013
He has also said he likes Buffalo a lot. Would suck to trade for him and he resign in Buffalo. Not worth a 1st, that's for sure.

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
I have a feeling Matt Moulson would sign here. 4 Years 18 mil. 5+5+4+4. He would basically run our offense and would pair nicely with Smith or Forsberg. Plus he is a goal scorer, something that we despreately need

He's going to get way bigger money this summer as a UFA. With the cap going up alot of teams will have $$$'s to spend and they end up overpaying away - I could see him landing a huge deal as he'll probably be the 2nd best forward available after Vanek (I can't see Callahan or Michalek getting to UFA).

As for trading for the guy - We're not a Matt Moulson away from the Cup, so what's the point of giving up assets for that guy. We're probably not even a Matt Moulson away from the 8th spot.

With Moulson, we might finish 10th instead of 13th. WooHoo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad