Eklund Rumor: Eklund Party Platter: BOS, WPG frontrunners for Manson (ANA);TOR in on Garland (ARI), Foligno (CBJ)

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Just an explosion of names and teams interested:

"Josh Manson is the player whose stock appears on the biggest rise...

Winnipeg and Boston appear to be the front runners....Philly, Washington and Toronto are all keeping tabs. I am told not to be shocked of the Leafs do make a play for a Dman if they can't land Connor Garland or Nick Foligno..

More to come..."

What will it take? How will it work for your team?

HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Josh Manson's Value on the Rise...Defense Update on the Rumor Chart.

Last edited:

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I mean Winnipeg is in need of a D. You can really give rumours of any possible available D to Winnipeg and you are bound to be correct. Throw enough crap at the wall and eventually something may stick.

I think Garland to Toronto rumour is just to get his site more clicks.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
how is Manson stock rising, he's been injured for a majority of the season, didn't look all that good before he got injured. doubt his last 4 games is enough to raise his value. if Eklund is gonna make shit up, he should at least try and make it realistic.

MCB

Jun 21, 2019
how is Manson stock rising, he's been injured for a majority of the season, didn't look all that good before he got injured. doubt his last 4 games is enough to raise his value. if Eklund is gonna make shit up, he should at least try and make it realistic.
Maybe with rakells possible injury the chance that manson is the trade bait goes up. Just playing the odds?

Edit:and manson is a sexier name and will get more clicks than say heinen or hutton.

Reactions: dracom

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I could see WPG being in on Manson soley because they played some clips of him during a segment talking about possible deadline moves. Once in a while the local media guys seem to get a bit of insight into possible moves/picks the Jets are interested in.

Nothing to do with what Eklund posted, I don't trust his sources one bit

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I’d be incredibly surprised if Manson moves. The Ducks love him - as Lebrun or somebody has previously reported - and are an even worse team without him in the lineup. Don’t really have somebody who can replace him in the system either.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
I absolutely love Foligno to the leafs, and Manson to the Jets makes a ton of sense. Heres hoping he is right for once !

Reactions: north49er

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Is Eklund an HF shareholder or owner?
He gets a lot of special consideration considering his overall lack of credability!

I don't think Eklund gets anything special from this community, but almost all Eklund thread posts are dominated by people ripping his credibility (like yours for instance). It's unfair because insiders like Friedman, etc. report many things that don't come to fruition.

Reactions: Mandala

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
According to TSN Ekholm would cost the Jets Heinola, a 1st, and Perreault.

Perreault is thrown in because of his $4M cap hit to help the Jets make the deal and stay under the cap.

While I would love to get Ekholm this is way to high a price.

Heinola has a ceiling of being a #1 puck moving D who is already ready to join the club permanently and may do so come PO time.

Edit: Sorry it is now fixed.
Countdown to TradeCentre: What might the Winnipeg Jets pay to acquire Nashville's Mattias Ekholm? - TSN.ca

Last edited:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
In the updated term on HF we aren’t allowed to criticize Eklund . So I will stay in side the rules and bet my 50,000 sport bucks these trades don’t happen .

Posters are allowed to criticize Eklund.

What you're not allowed to do is make that your sole purpose for posting in an Eklund thread. At that point it becomes spam and obstructs the ability of the other posters to carry on a discussion. If you aren't interested in a Eklund thread then ignore it and move onto another thread, we have no shortage of them. The Eklund tag is a warning so posters can avoid those threads if they don’t want to participate—not a Bat Signal to complain about Eklund.

This principle applies to every thread. If your conduct in a thread is not to discuss the topic, but rather to complain about the author, source, or merits of the thread existing then don't be surprised if the moderators take action.

Last edited:

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Yeah and that price isn't going to be cheap, Garland might cost the Leafs both Robertson and Sandin and then some he'll be extremely expensive to acquire.
...? lol Garland is not worth the leafs 2 best prospects.

why is it okay for every other team to horribly underrate our prospects but if a leafs fan does it it’s the end of the world

Reactions: uncleben

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
According to TSN Eklund would cost the Jets Heinola, a 1st, and Perreault.

Perreault is thrown in because of his $4M cap hit to help the Jets make the deal and stay under the cap.

While I would love to get Eklund this is way to high a price.

Heinola has a ceiling of being a #1 puck moving D who is already ready to join the club permanently and may do so come PO time.

Countdown to TradeCentre: What might the Winnipeg Jets pay to acquire Nashville's Mattias Ekholm? - TSN.ca
0% chance Chevy does that.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham

I wouldn’t even give Perreault straight up for Eklund

Reactions: larmex99 and Nedarb

FeatherHead

Oct 5, 2017

Heinola and a 1st? LOL This is a joke, right? And they want more beyond that? Jesus Christ. They can choke on it.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Oh well now this is just a lovely piece of Freudian slippage.

Reactions: JoeBeef15

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad