Eklund Rumor: Eklund Hotstove: Silfverberg - TOR, PIT, MIN, and BOS

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Something around Puljujarvi and Silf, who we’d then extend?

It's an intriguing idea, but on the other hand we are deep in young RW who would need to play on a scoring line moving forward (Kase, Terry, Sprong) and also still have Perry under contract as well. Just not sure if there's room for all those guys and Puljujarvi next year.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It's an intriguing idea, but on the other hand we are deep in young RW who would need to play on a scoring line moving forward (Kase, Terry, Sprong) and also still have Perry under contract as well. Just not sure if there's room for all those guys and Puljujarvi next year.

From what I’ve seen of Puljujarvi it doesn’t make a difference if he’s on the left side or the right side. Kid just needs to play with talent.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
What would you guys want?

Well I want Picks. If we’re getting rid of Silfverberg that means we are gonna rebuild/re tool this season in the draft. Just like the Kings are.

I want to compete in this draft with them. But I’m sure other duck fans have other ideas of where this team should go.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
From what I’ve seen of Puljujarvi it doesn’t make a difference if he’s on the left side or the right side. Kid just needs to play with talent.

If he could slide over to LW that likely makes the idea more attractive.

The more I think about it - probably would be a tough offer to top in terms of upside. Maybe there would some variance in opinion on a team by team basis regarding the value of Puljujarvi vs a pick in say the 20-31 range in this draft, assuming the Ducks were offered a 1st by a playoff team purely for the sake of argument?

To add to my previous post, this deal would leave the Ducks with a bit of a glut of young wingers, but that's perhaps not a reason to turn down a deal if it's the best on the table.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Well I want Picks. If we’re getting rid of Silfverberg that means we are gonna rebuild/re tool this season in the draft. Just like the Kings are.

I want to compete in this draft with them. But I’m sure other duck fans have other ideas of where this team should go.

Especially from Toronto, we want picks. That usually turns out well for Anaheim :D

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Especially from Toronto, we want picks. That usually turns out well for Anaheim :D

It always does. And it’s fascinating how often we trade with Toronto when both teams benefit from the trade.

It’s like Anaheim and Toronto are on a first name basis while shopping for something.

Last edited:

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Silfv was slated to play LW before this season. He’s pretty versatile. Great defensively. And he’s able to chip in
Plays hard will work on forecheck

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Can he play the left side? Only way I see Toronto wanting him. Somehow I can see him in Boston.
Yes he can, supposedly. I hope he goes to a quality team and wins a cup. He is a great role player that would supplement a team with some elite forward talent. Can play on a shutdown or 3rd line extremely effectively. Not elite on a scoring line but a great role player.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
If he could slide over to LW that likely makes the idea more attractive.

The more I think about it - probably would be a tough offer to top in terms of upside. Maybe there would some variance in opinion on a team by team basis regarding the value of Puljujarvi vs a pick in say the 20-31 range in this draft, assuming the Ducks were offered a 1st by a playoff team purely for the sake of argument?

To add to my previous post, this deal would leave the Ducks with a bit of a glut of young wingers, but that's perhaps not a reason to turn down a deal if it's the best on the table.

We arent getting Puljujarvi for a month of Silf.....

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
I think the only way that Toronto is involved is if its downgrade for a good contract. Trading Kapanen for Silfverberg+ could be a good deal for Toronto if it helps them with their cap issues.

Silfverberg is a UFA and will get more than Kapanen does on a bridge deal this offseason.. so like no that makes absolutely no sense.

Reactions: AustonPowers

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
Toronto only needs 2 positions . #1rhd and #4center upgrade, could ve argued a solid backup goalie incase if injuries in the playoffs. We really have no need for wingers. Unless it's tge Wayne Simmonds type , but not worth the assets at this point in time .Heck brown is a serviceable Player were trying to dump for cap relief. It has nothing to do with skill , just an easy contract for a player who is useful.

no- they need another d and a backup goalie too.

ayrton2388

May 23, 2014
I thought Silfverberg was the one player ANA was actively trying to re-sign and did not want to trade.

They are. It's been stated by the Ducks.
Unless the negotiations are going nowhere, i don't know it the GM is actively trying to shop Silfverberg.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad