Value of: Ekblad to the Leafs at the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Oh, come on. This thread is about a #1 D to Toronto and it's obvious why the post was interpreted the way it was. So dramatic.
The thread is specifically about Ekblad and the poster basically said "our trade chips are Kapanen/Johnsson, which Florida wouldn't accept". If you have the mental gymnastics to make that leap of logic that the poster is saying that will get the Leafs a #1 Dman, thats your choice, but its a massive leap.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
The Panthers are not moving Ekblad. If they really have to shed some salary they would drop Yandle or a number of other players before they even consider Ekblad.

Reactions: Laus723

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Doubt Florida moves Ekblad for anything less than a top line player like Marner. I also doubt that the Leafs would be interested in that trade.

The only high end piece the Leafs would consider moving for a dman is Nylander. After that you are looking at the Leafs firsts, Kap, AJ which is not really enough to land a player like Ekblad.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Such a predictable thread after the Jones to the Leafs thread was a swing and a miss. Next thread I’m predicting is Dumba, Slavin, McAvoy, or Pulock to the Leafs.

Who’s the lucky team that’s going to bail out the Leafs? The rest of the league is lining up to save them right?

Reactions: Laus723

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I want Ekblad but the very reasons Florida would want to move him make most of Toronto’s biggest assets infeasible in a deal. If Florida cant afford Ekblad then they can’t afford Marner, Matthews, Tavares, or Nylander. No other leaf asset has the value for them to consider moving him. Maybe Rielly? But that sort of defeats the purpose of Toronto dealing for a defensemen.

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Please stop commenting on posts, you literally just said two middle 6 wingers would be the biggest thing you’d give for a #1 D

Please try actually reading they are clearly saying given the level of the pieces Toronto would give Florida would rightly NOT do it.

Too many idiots in this thread acting like this is an actual offer, several Leaf fans have commented that theres no fair trade to be made, Leaf trade pieces are too low value and Ekblad isn't enough for the Leafs top pieces.

Last edited:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
If Ekblad were to be moved, I can't see it to a rival that will compete with the Panthers for the playo... who am I kidding.

Point still stands I can't see the GM of the Panthers moving him to a divisional rival.

Maybe out west if they wanted to blow up the core or to a metro team.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I think we can call this one done, at least for now. Season & playoff results might change the willingness to trade pieces by one or both teams. Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad