Value of: Ekblad to the Leafs at the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It is no secret Toronto will be looking for a D with term at the draft, and there is rumors that there will be big changes to the panthers after the season.

Is there a chance that Ekblad could be had? And if so what kind of deal would we be looking at?

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Why would the panthers trade their #1 rhd who's only 24 for spare parts? kapanen is not going to cut it and that's what the leafs seem to be offering.

And before leaf fans get riled up we are talking about a young #1 rhd vs a a guy who paces 45 points. He's not a top 6 forward like the majority of them claim.

ekblad is pacing the same amount and he actually plays d too.

Reactions: Morrison

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
I doubt they ship him in division given Kapanen/Johnsson would be the biggest piece of the package

If that's what your thinking of giving in a package for a #1d I think your going to end up being disappointed.

Or maybe your dreaming that would be the package? :laugh:

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I love Ekblad's game, but if we're giving up Marner...I don't really see why we bother, I don't see the net gain. Not to mention Flo wouldn't want his salary.

If would be willing to move some combination of Nylander/Sandin/Liljegren, but I don't think that really does it for Florida.

To be honest I have no idea what kind of deal they would be looking for to move Ekblad. I mean, they wouldn't exactly be trading from a point of strength.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
They have benn told to cut money so that wouldn't work

Yes they've been told to cut money but at the same time they need to be competitive too. I'm sure they would love to help the leafs out by giving them a #1d for peanuts.

They can move other pieces if need to cut salary. Not their #1d.

Stop dreaming and wake up. Ekblad is not available. Go and try to get someone else's #1 d for garbage.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
If that's what your thinking of giving in a package for a #1d I think your going to end up being disappointed.

Or maybe your dreaming that would be the package? :laugh:
The post you quoted literally says the Panthers wouldn't do that deal.

Leafs would be looking to move Kap/Johnsson+ for a top-4 d-man, no one is expecting a #1D with term for that.

Reactions: MisterT

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
The post you quoted literally says the Panthers wouldn't do that deal.

Leafs would be looking to move Kap/Johnsson+ for a top-4 d-man, no one is expecting a #1D with term for that.

Yes it does but it also implies that in a package for a #1d those would be the biggest pieces.

That's what I''m pointing out. No one is trading a #1 d for a package centered around kapanen/johnsosn.

Might want to go reread it.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
I love Ekblad's game, but if we're giving up Marner...I don't really see why we bother, I don't see the net gain. Not to mention Flo wouldn't want his salary.

If would be willing to move some combination of Nylander/Sandin/Liljegren, but I don't think that really does it for Florida.

To be honest I have no idea what kind of deal they would be looking for to move Ekblad. I mean, they wouldn't exactly be trading from a point of strength.
We wouldn't. Unless the other side is offering a massive overpayment, Ekblad is here to stay.

Barkov and Ekblad are the two guys we really shouldn't be moving, despite the fans' (understandable) overreaction to the latest mess.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Yes it does but it also implies that in a package for a #1d those would be the biggest pieces.

That's what I''m pointing out. No one is trading a #1 d for a package centered around kapanen/johnsosn.

Might want to go reread it.
It doesn't imply that at all. It implies those are the top pieces the leafs have available for their top-4 d-man search. Nowhere does it suggest that Kap/Johnsson is a good starting point for a #1D. The post only implication is that Ekblad is too costly asset-wise for the Leafs.

You only see that because you've come into the thread with an agenda, which is plain from your posts.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I was under the impression Josi was just as good. Based on this thread I'm quite obviously mistaken. Did Josi fall off or something? I thought he was highly thought of around here.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
It is no secret Toronto will be looking for a D with term at the draft, and there is rumors that there will be big changes to the panthers after the season.

Is there a chance that Ekblad could be had? And if so what kind of deal would we be looking at?

they would only move him if rebuilding, and with Barkov, and the cash they paid in net,they would not be in rebuild mode.
they need to compliment, and upgrade on Defense, not shed their best dman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad