Injury Report: Ekblad place on LTIR

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
If Zito is considering not keeping Ek beyond the current contract, would it be crazy for us to consider shopping him to somebody that maybe isn't a contender today, but could be relatively soon? They get a 'future' number 1 dman, we get immediate help back.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Well, the one thing we really couldn't afford this season was an injury to Ekblad or Forsling... so of course Ekblad gets hurt in game 3.

On the bright side, now we don't have to worry about how to ice 20 people. Also, maybe this is him doing the "annual injury" thing early on and he'll be healthy for the playoffs (provided we make the playoffs)? Fingers crossed.

The D is about to get interesting.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Well, the one thing we really couldn't afford this season was an injury to Ekblad or Forsling... so of course Ekblad gets hurt in game 3.

On the bright side, now we don't have to worry about how to ice 20 people. Also, maybe this is him doing the "annual injury" thing early on and he'll be healthy for the playoffs (provided we make the playoffs)? Fingers crossed.

The D is about to get interesting.

The sad reality is that with Ekblad you need to expect him to be injured at some point of the season.

Really puts a fear on his next contract

But atleast it’s just a groin and not knee again

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Our defense is about to become the best worst group of defensemen ever assembled. They are going to thrive under this pressure. Our new dude with Gudas is gonna become a star. Forsling is going to steal the show as our number 1 defenseman. Gudas is going to be a Viking. Eric Staal’s footspeed will return with all the extra cardio. We’re gonna look like crap on paper but I’m telling you, we’re gonna be better for this. Hard mode is going to become easy mode soon.

SatanicToedrag

Apr 15, 2017
Our defense is about to become the best worst group of defensemen ever assembled. They are going to thrive under this pressure. Our new dude with Gudas is gonna become a star. Forsling is going to steal the show as our number 1 defenseman. Gudas is going to be a Viking. Eric Staal’s footspeed will return with all the extra cardio. We’re gonna look like crap on paper but I’m telling you, we’re gonna be better for this. Hard mode is going to become easy mode soon.
Are we going to play Eric Staal as a D-man? Holy shit

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
This defense, on paper, is one of the worst line ups I've seen. Like, it is scary bad. Now we don't even have Ekblad.

Trading Weegar was a really, really bad idea.

The Weegar part looks bad as the replacement was Staal (so far).

Last edited:

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
The sad reality is that with Ekblad you need to expect him to be injured at some point of the season.

Really puts a fear on his next contract

But atleast it’s just a groin and not knee again
Knock knock. Rick DiPietro’s at your door. Lol that’s literally DiPietro’s injuries, knees and groin did him in. It’s also starting to be that territory of injury proneness.

This is a hot potato and everyone knows it.
Hopefully Zito is gonna try to get rid of this liability as soon and in the best way possible.

It’s time to move on. Ekblad is 100% not going to be resigned.

Reactions: Great8Cam

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Knock knock. Rick DiPietro’s at your door. Lol that’s literally DiPietro’s injuries, knees and groin did him in. It’s also starting to be that territory of injury proneness.

Hopefully Zito is gonna try to get rid of this liability as soon and in the best way possible.

I’m ok moving on. Ek is a Guds with a shot.

Reactions: Panteras

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

I’m just saying 3 knee injuries in a row would be even worse.

But if he’s not going to get re-signed the quicker they sell him the better (not during the season).
It’s time for Zito to make a decision with him

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Doctors are able to differentiate between being 'injury-prone' vs just being unlucky.

I'm not a medical expert so I won't speculate too much, but to me Ekblad's injuries seem like freak accident type things rather than a nagging/ repetitive issue.

Reactions: MaWa

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
It is a classic hockey player injury. Hardly any hockey player ever makes it through his career without a decent tweek of the groin. Would not be concerned about Ek being injury prone. He needs to let it heal properly though, we should not rush him

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
If Zito is considering not keeping Ek beyond the current contract, would it be crazy for us to consider shopping him to somebody that maybe isn't a contender today, but could be relatively soon? They get a 'future' number 1 dman, we get immediate help back.

Im on board with shipping him. Dont listen bad it is what it is, you could be the best Hockey player in this League, but when your main part of the sport often is Injured´, you cant await that his Game is still Top level.

Comeing back from a Surgery, had a foot race(Even a elephant has better first steps, it always look like he trumble the Ground and in that movement, get a Grade 2 groin strain 2-3 Month out.
Trocheck faced the same Situation and is now a Ranger after he played for Carolina and still got his Game but not as speedy skilled winger, like in his first Years.

Im open for shopping Ekblad but the return, must help our Situation. Means get at lowest a 1st back. I don´t trust him any longer.

@BB88 But does it make it better, you come back from Injury. You doesnt looked good in PO, came back Injured 2-3 Month again. It doesnt matter any more what is Injured. His Body and his Leg Muscle, so it looks, was not ready for get out 100%. Could already mean, that the first return was already to early.

And about the worst defense group, in that Time, those Worse group and a Coach can show what they can do or more. As a Player this time is time for developing your Game, not overpace, but learn day by day. Its their time to shine.

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Doctors are able to differentiate between being 'injury-prone' vs just being unlucky.

I'm not a medical expert so I won't speculate too much, but to me Ekblad's injuries seem like freak accident type things rather than a nagging/ repetitive issue.

When it’s multiple knee injuries already you can see how it’s seen as a problem.

Reactions: Laus723

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
multiple knee injuries? it's something different with him every time - concussion, fractured leg, high ankle sprain, now groin.

I may remember wrong but I remember seeing kneee issues before.

That list though still/again show that the next contract is going to be a major question mark with him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad