Jameson Olive: Ekblad not sweating Calder Trophy race

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Am I the only one who doesn't want him to win the Calder?

I don't know, it seems players go through the dreaded sophomore slump if they do!

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Am I the only one who doesn't want him to win the Calder?

I don't know, it seems players go through the dreaded sophomore slump if they do!

Huberdeau sure did. I'm sure Ekblad would love to win the Calder, but he seems like the type of player that won't get too discouraged if gets beat out. Even if he doesn't as it's very difficult for a defenseman to win it over impressive forwards, he should be damn proud of the way he's played in his rookie season. I knew he'd be good, but he's gone overall way over my expectations.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Huberdeau sure did. I'm sure Ekblad would love to win the Calder, but he seems like the type of player that won't get too discouraged if gets beat out. Even if he doesn't as it's very difficult for a defenseman to win it over impressive forwards, he should be damn proud of the way he's played in his rookie season. I knew he'd be good, but he's gone overall way over my expectations.

I concur.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
huberdeau sure did. I'm sure ekblad would love to win the calder, but he seems like the type of player that won't get too discouraged if gets beat out. Even if he doesn't as it's very difficult for a defenseman to win it over impressive forwards, he should be damn proud of the way he's played in his rookie season. I knew he'd be good, but he's gone overall way over my expectations.

absolutely!!!!!!

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
I'm thinking there's a decent chance Ekblad benefits from Stone's impressive stretch run and siphones votes from JG for those that just follow the hype.

Also helps it's split the eastern and western Canadian media and Ekblad is a nice neutral Switzerland who just happens to be a high-profile Canadian too.

Or at least that's what I'm going with...

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I'm very surprised that Forsberg wasn't nominated when many fans around the league chosen him throughout the season over Ekblad. I think Gaudreau is the most likely to win as the Flames could be the complete surprise of this year's playoffs.

Just remember in 2013 when many chose Landeskog over Huberdeau and look who the winner was. I don't see Stone winning it, but stranger things have happened.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
I'm very surprised that Forsberg wasn't nominated when many fans around the league chosen him throughout the season over Ekblad. I think Gaudreau is the most likely to win as the Flames could be the complete surprise of this year's playoffs.

Just remember in 2013 when many chose Landeskog over Huberdeau and look who the winner was. I don't see Stone winning it, but stranger things have happened.

Do you mean Saad?

Landeskog won in 2012.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I think Ekblad might have a good chance to surprise and win. One of the best rookie 18 year old dmen of all-time. Only around 20 points less than Stone and that's playing D!

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
We missed out on Connor McDavid, but at least we got the defensive version of Connor McDavid to represent the franchise and help lead us to a cup one day. I firmly believe AE was born to be great and do great things. I see him getting better and better moving forward. All we gotta do is sit back, support him and watch greatness unfold. Calder or no calder, having Aaron Ekblad as a Florida Panther is such a blessing. Remember, this guy should've been a Sabre. We actually got lucky for a change.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
We missed out on Connor McDavid, but at least we got the defensive version of Connor McDavid to represent the franchise and help lead us to a cup one day. I firmly believe AE was born to be great and do great things. I see him getting better and better moving forward. All we gotta do is sit back, support him and watch greatness unfold. Calder or no calder, having Aaron Ekblad as a Florida Panther is such a blessing. Remember, this guy should've been a Sabre. We actually got lucky for a change.

Imagine if Sabres got AE5 last year and if they would of got CM97 this year.. The hate would be strong.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL

Maybe I just wasn't aware of their intentions, but I thought they were picking one of the Sams even if they won the lottery. Wasn't the general consensus that Buffalo was satisfied with their defensive prospects and wanted to improve their offense?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Maybe I just wasn't aware of their intentions, but I thought they were picking one of the Sams even if they won the lottery. Wasn't the general consensus that Buffalo was satisfied with their defensive prospects and wanted to improve their offense?
jones.jpeg

Joe+Sakic+2013+NHL+Draft+H6AE8pBdDlGl.jpg

sakic.r.jpg

Still waiting for that smoke screen to clear. :sarcasm:

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Recall Murray saying Ekblad was the top pick in 2014.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad