Value of: Ekblad for Mackinnon

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
I dont see the Avs touching this. Too much risk with Ek and the head issues. Too bad really. He looked to be a star in his first year. Hope it was just a run of bad luck and that he does not get any more concussions.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I dont see the Avs touching this. Too much risk with Ek and the head issues. Too bad really. He looked to be a star in his first year. Hope it was just a run of bad luck and that he does not get any more concussions.

first 2 years actually, then took a step back but his talent didnt vanish. I'm not that worried about him.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
The value and potential from each may be even, but the concussion issue with Ekblad would make me walk in Sakic's shoes.

Duchene for Ekblad I would pull the trigger on.

That makes not sense unless you think Ekblad is a gamble and you are willing to throw in Duchene as your bet but not MacK.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
there have been 3 since he entered the NHL. He may have suffered one in the CHL but I cannot remember if that is a rumor or confirmed. Yes, his concussion issues are worrisome, but the only person who has ever said Ekblad has suffered 7 concussions was one Panthers fan who pulled a number out of nowhere and posted it as fact.

After my 3rd concussion I started taking seizures . This is no small thing . At his age to already have 3 , 4 , or 5 it very unlikely he has a long career . If I am the Avs I look elsewhere for a top pairing D . I feel bad for Ekblad . He would have been a great D but I just don't see it happening now . :(

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
After my 3rd concussion I started taking seizures . This is no small thing . At his age to already have 3 , 4 , or 5 it very unlikely he has a long career . If I am the Avs I look elsewhere for a top pairing D . I feel bad for Ekblad . He would have been a great D but I just don't see it happening now . :(

not all concussions are created equal. I've had 3 concussions as well and they all happened before I finished HS. I've never had a single longterm issue. Just because you have had lasting affects doesn't mean others will.

Hope you have stopped having seizures and are no longer suffering long term effects.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
As much as the AVs wouldn't pull the trigger, acquiring Mackinnon without shipping one of their better centers the other way doesn't make too much sense for Florida.

Big Hockey Dude

Apr 5, 2017
Don't think either team would go for this. Mac is a one of the few pieces Sakic and co. seem to actually like and moving Ekblad would leave a huge hole in Florida's lineup for now and the foreseeable future. Also I think Florida would be better off writing this season off due to injury than making a big, core-guy trade.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Ekblad doesn't need a change in scenery. What he needs is to fully recover from his concussions and not suffer another.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
not all concussions are created equal. I've had 3 concussions as well and they all happened before I finished HS. I've never had a single longterm issue. Just because you have had lasting affects doesn't mean others will.

Hope you have stopped having seizures and are no longer suffering long term effects.

Point is no one knows how bad they are . My doctors told me all was ok . It took forever to find they right doctor .
Thanks for hoping my seizures have stopped . They have but I have to take meds for the rest of my life .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad