Value of: Ekblad for Mackinnon

Lier X Agerate

Avs and Wolves
Oct 7, 2008
Even though Mack is struggling, he's one of the few bright spots on the team this year.

I love Ekblad, but those concussions scare the crap out of me. I'll stick with my streaky centerman.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
The value and potential from each may be even, but the concussion issue with Ekblad would make me walk in Sakic's shoes.

Duchene for Ekblad I would pull the trigger on.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
I was just thinking this exact trade today. Panthers would be really good for years to come with Barkov-Mack 1-2 punch, and the avs get a someone with better potential than Zadorov and Barrie.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The value and potential from each may be even, but the concussion issue with Ekblad would make me walk in Sakic's shoes.

Duchene for Ekblad I would pull the trigger on.

Of course you'd pull the trigger on that, just like the Panthers would pull the trigger on Yandle for MacKinnon :laugh:

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I don't think either of them need a change of scenery, both will be franchise players for their respective clubs. I doubt either front office even entertains the idea of trading these two.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
No thanks, the concussions scare me.

Also, I'm not really sold on Ekblad. I think he'll be a very solid Dman but I think how good he is is skewed from his great rookie season. Too many times we've seen these rookie Dmen come out as superstars only to later come back down to reality.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
No thanks. Duchene... maybe...

Ek looked great for a year, but the dudes head has gotten scrambled since.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
In a recent thread, it was noticed Ekblad has like 4-5 concussions.
Not 1-2

Unless some underachiever(s) come(s) back specifically as cap dump [possibly dump(s) with concussion issues also], Ekblad can't be traded in good faith until enough time has passed to confirm his marbles are not rattling too much. That's necessary not only to the integrity of a deal, but for the player's best interests as well.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Taking health, performance, and contract into account, I don't think any NHL GM would move a substantial piece for Ekblad until he has a full year proving he is a #1 D in the NHL and is fully recovered. If not, he does not pull #1 D value, especially with the contract eating at his value.

Florida of course is out of their minds to trade him for less in the event he does rebound. Best move if for them to wait a year and hope to get full value if they aren't sold internally.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
No thanks. Duchene... maybe...

Ek looked great for a year, but the dudes head has gotten scrambled since.

Excuse my ignorance, but what's happened since? I think I missed the injuries, outside of just knowing he was out. Was it multiple occasions or just one play?

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
How many have there been?

there have been 3 since he entered the NHL. He may have suffered one in the CHL but I cannot remember if that is a rumor or confirmed. Yes, his concussion issues are worrisome, but the only person who has ever said Ekblad has suffered 7 concussions was one Panthers fan who pulled a number out of nowhere and posted it as fact.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
there have been 3 since he entered the NHL. He may have suffered one in the CHL but I cannot remember if that is a rumor or confirmed. Yes, his concussion issues are worrisome, but the only person who has ever said Ekblad has suffered 7 concussions was one Panthers fan who pulled a number out of nowhere and posted it as fact.

He's had 4 since he was drafted by the Panthers. Two with Canada and two with the Panthers in that time. To my knowledge he didn't suffer any with Barrie but we can't be sure. So for now, 4 is the number.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
I do find this to be an interesting proposal, but as much as the Avs defense has been a weak spot, their ability to score is also not exactly lighting the league on fire, so to move our best scorer is probably not a great move even if if brings in a guy who can be a bona fide top pairing guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad