Confirmed with Link: EK65 back. 8 years, 11.5M per

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Fired up! It's a lot but with Hertl, Couture, Meier, Kane, Burns, Karl, and Vlasic, we've got the pieces. Let's go figure out a way to squeeze in another top 6 forward, Thornton, and Labanc.

Expect to see Melker, Braun, and hopefully Dell out the door shortly!

Reactions: FeedingFrenzy

Makoshark

Sep 19, 2018
Humboldt County
Woohoo!!! I get to keep my username! Other than that I am estatic we were able to resign Karlsson!!! Screw the haters. I believe in the team we will be icing cup window stays open for the next few years at least unlike most of theirs. Hell ya DW!!!

Last edited:

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I don’t know much about financial ramifications, but if Karlsson had left I would have been sad considering all the prospects the Sharks gave up to get him in the first place. With his staying long term, that trade is complete and it was worth losing the draft picks for.

I do hope there are options in like year 5 or 6 that gives the Sharks flexibility if Karlsson starts losing it, but like I said I don’t know how this kind of impact signing works for the teams future.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Good, literally the best possible move we could have made this off - season and we made it. Now DW has to clear a bunch of dead weight, and shore up the forward group.

Firing some coaches would be the best move DW can make. You can’t be a cup contender with a bottom of the barrel power play. That has to be fixed before the season starts. Also I still hope (albeit slim) that Deboar is gone. Fire Pete, Spott will follow and that’s a good thing.

Reactions: Sandisfan

nerdybeard

Oct 1, 2011
Oakland, CA
I’m honestly even more excited than when he originally signed. I knew he’d take some time to mesh, and now he has built some chemistry. Now for the rest of the pieces to fall... but at least we know:

1) DW/Hasso still all in
2) Jumbo will likely come back super cheap
3) Big names have a chance at sticking around when traded here/signed.

More moves to come surely, and we may be able to lure some other talent pending how other contracts end up. Maybe Nyquist takes cheap deal too?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad