Proposal: EK and Duchene to the Oilers (PLZ VOTE)

Is this trade fair?

• Total voters

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
To:
:edmonton Erik Karlsson (agrees to resign), Matt Duchene

To:
:sensLeon Draisaitl, Adam Larsson, 2018 1st (top 3 protected), 2019 2nd

This was as close as I could get to a fair deal where Karlsson gets traded to the Oilers. Obviously McDavid wouldn't be included, but Draisaitl definetely gets the discussion started. However, both teams would want a replacement for the stars they are giving up. The sens get a defensive RHD to replace Karlsson (albeit a downgrade) and the oilers get a strong 2c (downgrade from Drai). I added two high picks to even out the value.

Is this trade fair?

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2017
I voted sens don’t do it before I read the proposal

And I still feel that way

But I also feel like maybe if it was switched to oils 2018 first it’s ok? Dunno

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
The number of Oilers fans ready to ship Draisaitl out the door makes me wonder if we don't deserve our place in the standings.

We do. Oilers fans don’t deserve to have nice things like 22 year old 200 foot centres that can put up 70 points.

Alberta is blue collar to its core so when someone gets overpaid by a little bit it shakes the fan base down to its foundations.

Reactions: ck26

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I voted sens don’t do it before I read the proposal

And I still feel that way

But I also feel like maybe if it was switched to oils 2018 first it’s ok? Dunno
I thought the same. I switched the years of the picks. You're allowed to change your vote btw.

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
I love Draisaitl, but if the opportunity comes to get the best offensive D-man in the world and a replacement in Matt Duchene, I say you take it.

Duchene is a very good player, but Drai is on his way to elite 2-way Selke status (ala Kopitar). Not giving that up. We just pray that we land Dahlin

GODreau13

Feb 17, 2018
Actually a pretty damn good proposal. Can't figure out who wins.

Voted "Both teams do it."

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Ottawa says no, easily.

Draisaitl > Duchene
Larsson < < < extended Karlsson

The picks don't make up for this difference.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
We do. Oilers fans don’t deserve to have nice things like 22 year old 200 foot centres that can put up 70 points.

As a neutral outside fan, I think it's more along the thinking that you have to spend value to get value.

There is no combination of assets Edmonton has that gets you a guy like EK, which doesn't include Drai.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
To:
:edmonton Erik Karlsson (agrees to resign), Matt Duchene

To:
:sensLeon Draisaitl, Adam Larsson, 2018 1st (top 3 protected), 2019 2nd

This was as close as I could get to a fair deal where Karlsson gets traded to the Oilers. Obviously McDavid wouldn't be included, but Draisaitl definetely gets the discussion started. However, both teams would want a replacement for the stars they are giving up. The sens get a defensive RHD to replace Karlsson (albeit a downgrade) and the oilers get a strong 2c (downgrade from Drai). I added two high picks to even out the value.

Is this trade fair?

I don't think Karlsson back half of his career is worth as much as Draisaitl front half. Larsson and Duchene are a wash. So Oilers giving away draft picks for nothing

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Duchene is a very good player, but Drai is on his way to elite 2-way Selke status (ala Kopitar). Not giving that up. We just pray that we land Dahlin

I'm failing to see how a guy that spent pretty close to 3/4 of the season playing as a wing on the on McDavid line is somehow being called "elite selke caliber" and being compared to Kopitar.

How about we wait until Draisaitl even plays a full season at center before we start the outrageous comparisons yeah?

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I think you're over complicating it by trying to get Duchene as well. Let's just focus on Karlsson. I think we'd have to wait until July 1st and get permission from the Sens to talk extension before pulling the trigger on a deal. At that time, I'd be willing to do...

To EDM: Karlsson

To OTT: Draisaitl, choice of Bear/Benning, 2019 1st

I realize some of my fellow Oil fans will flip and overvalue Drai and undervalue EK65's contract status, but I don't care. I want to do whatever it takes to have the best offensive Dman in the league to join the best offensive forward in the league.

Our PP was unbelievably brutal this year. It falls on the coaches for the most part, but also on the GM for not finding the right compliment for McDavid - a RH shooting point man. We add EK and hire competent coaches and we should have a top 5 PP.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Really??? If he is so freaking great and you have the best player in the world in McJesus then why in the hell is your team still so God damned awful??? I mean the pens won 2 cups in a row with a defense no better than yours. LD is a great player and I'd love to have him on the Flyers but you guys act like he is one of the 10 best players in the world and he simy isn't. If he were so damned great and only a #2 center because of McD then he'd be as dominant as Malkin is saying behind the legit best player in the world in Crosby and LD simy isn't.

Plain and simply, if this opportunity presented itself (assuming that you had a deal in place for an extension with EK) the Oilers make this trade IMMEDIATELY!!!

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I hope Karlsson does get Traded this off season as I am curious the return he gets as it is never as much as the fans think the player is worth

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I hope Karlsson does get Traded this off season as I am curious the return he gets as it is never as much as the fans think the player is worth

I think in many cases players have shown to be worth much more than what HF thinks as well.

I'm curious to see the return too

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Edm trades for 2 players who would both leave in a year, seems like a very PC trade haha.

On top of that Ott most likely would get 2-3x the value here by simply trading each player separately

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Would Oilers 2018 and 2019 1st, 2019 2nd, Yamamoto/Puljujarvi and Larsson be enough for just Karlsson. I would think so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad