Post-Game Talk: EIGHT ISN'T ENOUGH| #30| Saturday, Dec 10 2016| Stars 2 at Flyers 4

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
I missed yet another game. From highlights it looks like Schenn was way more active than he normally is on the PP. He was going to all areas of the ice. That's nice to see.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
The bumped Voracek thread from last year on the main forum is a hilarious read if you go back & read the posts from early last year.

lol what the hell is the one guy in that thread going on about? "Voracek had 3 goals in x amount of games so it's really like he only scored 1.7245 goals, now let me show you guys how this compares to patrik laine scoring 3 goals in x amount of games..."

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
lol what the hell is the one guy in that thread going on about? "Voracek had 3 goals in x amount of games so it's really like he only scored 1.7245 goals, now let me show you guys how this compares to patrik laine scoring 3 goals in x amount of games..."

Hes one of our own and he is certifiable lol

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California

He's just ****ing around. It's funny.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
To be fair to Gordon, he had a long layoff, at some point you have to play him to have him ready for when you have no choice but to play him.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I call that a "Lordy, How?" Hat Trick.
Beef would call that a "Lardy Cow" Hat Trick.

I say "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
Beef says "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Wahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Slurp on that popsicle Ruff, you non-stop whining moaning complaining dullard!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Right, I'm caught up on the GDT and Post-Game threads now. There are always a few surprises when I go back and read what you guys were saying during the game, but the biggest surprise to me today was that there were people who said about that behind-goal PECO! power-play camera "I kind of like it" :laugh: It was seriously giving me a headache watching from that angle. I hope they throw it in the trash along with poor Lindy's tissues.

We saw another blast in the back (on Konecny this time) right in front of the official that wasn't called. It's reaching epidemic stages now. I will say it again - this is the worst refereeing I have seen in 40 years of watching hockey and it's not close. And it's also not about bias - it's not that we are getting cheated (I am over that, for the most part), but that guys are getting crucified out there. In the meantime, they are making extremely weak holding calls without actually dampening the clutch-and-grab ****.

Despite the awesome finish, that was the most boring game this season so far. It was like watching oatmeal cool off.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Props to the sign guy for "Danke Schenn".

On TK. It has been a busy schedule for his style of physical play. He could be just hitting a wall. He was noticeably better with Couturier.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He was also really good blowing his coverages for both goals

That first goal was a pinball nightmare that required slow-mo to see what the hell happened. Gudas actually almost cleared the puck to the boards, but it bounced off a skate right back to the Dallas player.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Yay for execution.

shotLoc-2016020411-PHI-ST.png

Damaged Goods

Feb 26, 2009
Philadelphia
I missed the game the other day, but I was watching the recap and the Shore goal struck me as odd. Can anyone clarify why it wasn't disallowed for interference, or if there was any controversy about it at the time? Was it reviewed? It seems to me that even though the puck is loose, Shore primarily plays Mason's blocker rather than the puck. Is that within the bounds of incidental contact that's usually permitted? Maybe that's just the kind of play heavily-padded goalies are expected to live with.

2hnrzbp.png

Rule 69 – Interference on the Goalkeeper
69.1 Interference on the Goalkeeper - This rule is based on the premise
that an attacking player’s position, whether inside or outside the
crease, should not, by itself, determine whether a goal should be
allowed or disallowed. In other words, goals scored while attacking
players are standing in the crease may, in appropriate circumstances
be allowed. Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking
player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s
ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an
attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a
goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease. Incidental contact
with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when
such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the
attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact.
The rule will be enforced exclusively in accordance with the on-ice
judgement of the Referee(s), and not by means of video replay or
review.
For purposes of this rule, “contact,” whether incidental or
otherwise, shall mean any contact that is made between or among a
goalkeeper and attacking player(s), whether by means of a stick or
any part of the body.
The overriding rationale of this rule is that a goalkeeper should
have the ability to move freely within his goal crease without being
hindered by the actions of an attacking player. If an attacking player
enters the goal crease and, by his actions, impairs the goalkeeper’s
ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be
disallowed.

PS:
latest

Edit: Watched it a few times, and while Shore does crank Mason hard in the blocker, I think you have to give both players a shot at the loose puck just to be fair so nevermind, lol. Tough break for Mason.

Last edited:

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
i think it was ruled that Mason never had control of the puck...

i seem to remember down low on the ice view that showed the dallas stick below masons blocker on the puck...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad