Eichel vs Scheifele value with contracts

Who would you take?

• Total voters

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Who would you rather take, factoring in everything (contracts, age, etc.)?

Jack Eichel:

2017-18: 55GP, 22G-31A-53 points
Contract: $925000 this season, then $10M AAV through 2025-26

Mark Scheifele:

2017-18: 44GP, 18G-28A-46 points
Contract: $6.125M AAV through 2023-24

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
You should put there career stats too.

Eichel looks to be getting better and better on the lowest scoring team, not that Mark isn't improving though.

The ultimate prime ceiling is what makes this answer Eichel for me.

I mean, and I doubt anyone is expecting a non-biased answer from me here but it's unfortunate because EIchel has been hurt for a quarter of the year 2/3 of his years, and they just so happen to be the 2 he was on a PPG pace.

Both guys are going to be extremely dominant.

I ranked Sheifele as better right now but he also has a HELL of a lot more help around him where-as Eichel creates so much that just goes in the gutter, due to his team.

While I ranked Mark higher right now by a slim margin, I would take Eichel to start a team with.

It's a very good comparison.

In 5 years this will be easier to answer.

Not expecting Eichel to win this poll though...

jetsfan91

May 29, 2013
I love Eichels game but kind of an unfair comparison. Sheifs is locked down in one of the best value contracts in the league and is in his prime. I'll take the better player on a better contract. Not to say that Eichel won't one day be as good if not better.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Scheifele. The contract heavily tips it into his favor imo unless Eichel is putting up 1PPG+ per year

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Honestly feel kinda bad for Scheifele. Chevy completely robbed him on that contract.

Answer to this poll is definitely Scheifele though. Considering contracts, Eichel is going to have to start putting up 100+ point seasons to become more valuable.

Reactions: 204hockey

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
You should put there career stats too.

Eichel looks to be getting better and better on the lowest scoring team, not that Mark isn't improving though.

The ultimate prime ceiling is what makes this answer Eichel for me.

I mean, and I doubt anyone is expecting a non-biased answer from me here but it's unfortunate because EIchel has been hurt for a quarter of the year 2/3 of his years, and they just so happen to be the 2 he was on a PPG pace.

Both guys are going to be extremely dominant.

I ranked Sheifele as better right now but he also has a HELL of a lot more help around him where-as Eichel creates so much that just goes in the gutter, due to his team.

While I ranked Mark higher right now by a slim margin, I would take Eichel to start a team with.

It's a very good comparison.

In 5 years this will be easier to answer.

Not expecting Eichel to win this poll though...

the support argument is a weak one

put any wingers with scheifele and he'll make it work just like any other elite centre would

6 million for over a ppg player > a 10 million dollar player who's less than a ppg player

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
can we add in shiefs attitude and character eichel has douchnozzle written all over him where shief is world class pro and team guy. eichel will be better prime for prime most likely but the contract and hair tip this in shiefs favor so hard.

Reactions: GoJetsGo55

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
can we add in shiefs attitude and character eichel has *****nozzle written all over him where shief is world class pro and team guy. eichel will be better prime for prime most likely but the contract and hair tip this in shiefs favor so hard.

For as great as Scheif is on the ice, he's just as great off it. He's exactly the kind of person you want your young star to be.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
can we add in shiefs attitude and character eichel has *****nozzle written all over him where shief is world class pro and team guy. eichel will be better prime for prime most likely but the contract and hair tip this in shiefs favor so hard.

Pretty sure a lot of this “bad attitude” stuff about Eichel is overblown, much like it was with Kessel and many other players.

And even if he does have some attitude issues... I’m generally a pretty nice guy, but if I were Eichel, I know I’d be pretty mad if I had to play for the Sabres right now, and would very likely demand a trade at the end of this season.

Edit: Hell, I wouldn’t have even signed that $10m contract to begin with. Negotiations would’ve began and ended with “trade me because I’ll likely sign an offer sheet with someone else.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad