TSN: "Eichel on 0-3-1 start: I'm sick of losing"

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
It's troublesome hearing players say they're working hard.

Yeah. Not one player should be saying that they're working hard.

I don't think I've been more disgusted with a groups effort than I am with this one.

All of them are garbage at the moment

Reactions: sabresEH

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Yeah. Not one player should be saying that they're working hard.

I don't think I've been more disgusted with a groups effort than I am with this one.

All of them are garbage at the moment
Or maybe they are working hard and it's just nerves from a new system, a new coach, new GM, and elevated fan and personal expectations. I think that they'll find themselves falling into a groove in time.

And what ever happened to just rooting for our team... for fun?

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Or maybe they are working hard and it's just nerves from a new system, a new coach, new GM, and elevated fan and personal expectations. I think that they'll find themselves falling into a groove in time.

And what ever happened to just rooting for our team... for fun?

There has to be something to root for...I can stomach losses when the effort or talent is there and we simply get outplayed. It's sports that will happen. The product being displayed on the ice is frustrating because they are better than what they are showing.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
There has to be something to root for...I can stomach losses when the effort or talent is there and we simply get outplayed. It's sports that will happen. The product being displayed on the ice is frustrating because they are better than what they are showing.
Eh, I guess I just wasn't ever one to understand the fair weather fandom that a lot of people seem to have for teams. Then again, being from Buffalo our successes have been few and far between, so it was never all about winning and more about just embracing the team as whoever they are.

I agree with you though. The beginning of this season has been short of my expectations as well. But I think they deserve a leash longer than 4 games... and I don't see how that's unreasonable to stomach despite the frustrations this year has presented so far. I mean, it's not like any of us are just gonna straight up boycott the team.

The great thing about sports is that they really don't have much of an effect on our lives. We're not all gonna lose our jobs if the Sabres don't make the playoffs this year. So let's give it some time and see if Botteril and Housley's long-term strategy gets implemented properly, resulting in a positive outcome.

Reactions: DJN21

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Eh, I guess I just wasn't ever one to understand the fair weather fandom that a lot of people seem to have for teams. Then again, being from Buffalo our successes have been few and far between, so it was never all about winning and more about just embracing the team as whoever they are.

I agree with you though. The beginning of this season has been short of my expectations as well. But I think they deserve a leash longer than 4 games... and I don't see how that's unreasonable to stomach despite the frustrations this year has presented so far. I mean, it's not like any of us are just gonna straight up boycott the team.

The great thing about sports is that they really don't have much of an effect on our lives. We're not all gonna lose our jobs if the Sabres don't make the playoffs this year. So let's give it some time and see if Botteril and Housley's long-term strategy gets implemented properly, resulting in a positive outcome.

I don't disagree at all but there's give and take. I still watch every game even when it's embarassing and I'd never give up on the team. It's also frustrating staying up to watch 10 30pm games when I work 5am shifts lol. If I'm gonna commit to that I expect a much better entertainment factor especially given what this team is capable of compared to what they are displaying. It's embarassing.

Reactions: cybresabre

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I don't disagree at all but there's give and take. I still watch every game even when it's embarassing and I'd never give up on the team. It's also frustrating staying up to watch 10 30pm games when I work 5am shifts lol. If I'm gonna commit to that I expect a much better entertainment factor especially given what this team is capable of compared to what they are displaying. It's embarassing.
I see your point and agree. Thanks for being a reasonable poster.

Reactions: DJN21

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I can handle losses. I just need some effort, emotion, and be somewhat entertained.

Not getting anything from this group.

Reactions: Aladyyn

ADK

LETS GO BUFFALO!
Oct 3, 2017
Eastern NY
I must admit though, the team did show significant improvement last game; it's the dmen not tying people up that has me upset now. First goal was on McCabe, the second Scandella and Lehner and the third Scandella again. If the d tightens up we would have won that game. I think we'll be looking good by thanksgiving. Have no idea how much we'll be in the hole though by then.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
TSN reinterpreting a quote from TBN?

"We've got to just figure a way to be sick of losing," Eichel told the Buffalo News after Thursday's 3-2 loss to the San Jose Sharks. "I know I'm sick of losing. There's a lot of guys that are sick of losing. There's a difference between playing hard and playing hard and smart. We've got to execute our game all the way through the lineup, myself included."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad