Proposal: Eichel Hypothetical

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
We are burning a lot of space in other threads on this topic, so I thought I would streamline the process. I may or may not be in favor of this trade, but it absolutely depends on what the offer would have to be. Legit sources seem to say that Buffalo wants:

1) A legit NHL player ( I assume a Center)
2) A pair of prospects
3) Either 2 firsts or a first and a second.

Just as a starting point, how about:

1) Kadri
2) Byram , Kaut
3) 2021 first, 2021 second

Don't shoot the messenger. I've got a half dozen other hypotheticals. I'm just trying to get all the conjecture in one thread.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
1st, 2nd, Newhook, Barron, JTC.

Barron and Helleson really are luxuries at this point. I could see one of them being moved in a big trade. They could also be critical ELCs 2-3 years down the road when the Avs are still in a cap crunch. It'll be interesting to see how those assets are utilized.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I still don't get it. Yes, Eichel could be an amazing get (if you put aside his back issues). But with the cap-hit he'd receive how do we replace these other players? Kadri is replaced by Eichel with a wayyyyy higher cap-hit, who replaces Byram? Who replaces Landeskog, given we cannot afford Landy and Eichel? Kaut is a cheap plug-in player for the bottom 6, which is exactly what we need if we want to get Eichel. These Eichel trades just don't make sense to me. We cannot afford Eichel and he alone wouldn't be enough to win a cup, so why would we do this?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Sakic loves cheap contracts and little to no risk.

Draw your own conclusions.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I still don't get it. Yes, Eichel could be an amazing get (if you put aside his back issues). But with the cap-hit he'd receive how do we replace these other players? Kadri is replaced by Eichel with a wayyyyy higher cap-hit, who replaces Byram? Who replaces Landeskog, given we cannot afford Landy and Eichel? Kaut is a cheap plug-in player for the bottom 6, which is exactly what we need if we want to get Eichel. These Eichel trades just don't make sense to me. We cannot afford Eichel and he alone wouldn't be enough to win a cup, so why would we do this?
Because having 2 top 10 C’s hides A TON of weaknesses.

Reactions: cinchronicity

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I'd be willing to do a Newhook package, but not Byram. And I'm only doing Newhook because Eichel essentially replaces his future role on the team.

I've tried running CapFriendly sheets on acquiring Eichel but 10 million is hard to fit it now let alone when MacKinnon is on his new contract. Landeskog walking would make is easier but it's still tight.

Reactions: Barklez

JH21

Oct 20, 2019

We can afford Eichel.

But not with Kadri and Landeskog.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019

Girard, Newhook, Kaut and a 1st for Eichel and Ristolainen

Kadri for Paul, Formenton and a 2nd

Resign
Makar 8 x 11.25
Grubauer 6 x 6.5
Saad 4x4
Jost 1 x 25
Timmins 2 x 1.5

Sign
Suter 2 x 1.5

EJ to LTIR

Formenton- Mackinnon- Rantanen
Saad- Eichel- Burakovsky
Nichushkin- Jost- Donskoi
Maltsev- Paul- O'Connor

Toews - Makar
Byram - Ristolainen
Suter - Timmins

Grubauer
Francouz
Johansson

Just under 1m in cap space.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Girard, Newhook, Kaut and a 1st for Eichel and Ristolainen

Kadri for Paul, Formenton and a 2nd

Resign
Makar 8 x 11.25
Grubauer 6 x 6.5
Saad 4x4
Jost 1 x 25
Timmins 2 x 1.5

Sign
Suter 2 x 1.5

EJ to LTIR

Formenton- Mackinnon- Rantanen
Saad- Eichel- Burakovsky
Nichushkin- Jost- Donskoi
Maltsev- Paul- O'Connor

Toews - Makar
Byram - Ristolainen
Suter - Timmins

Grubauer
Francouz
Johansson

Just under 1m in cap space.

I've already gotten in trouble today for suggesting Formenton in any sort of Kadri trade.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Barron and Helleson really are luxuries at this point. I could see one of them being moved in a big trade. They could also be critical ELCs 2-3 years down the road when the Avs are still in a cap crunch. It'll be interesting to see how those assets are utilized.

This team will not be a contender in 3-4 years. Why do we care what happens after then? Load up as best you can while Mac is 5-6 million $ underpaid.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
This team will not be a contender in 3-4 years. Why do we care what happens after then? Load up as best you can while Mac is 5-6 million $ underpaid.

You think the team won't be a contender when Mack is 29, Mikko is 28, Makar is 26, and Bo is 23? Ok, agree to disagree. I know a lot can happen in 3-4 years, but all four of those players are likely to still be a big part of the core 3-4 years from now.

Reactions: AvsFan29

zxcvnm

Jun 19, 2013
Remember SammyJankis

Not necessarily advocating for it, but the basic idea is to convert an elite first line into two great lines. There is no version of this team with both Landeskog and Eichel. Rather, this would be a team with forward line pairings: Mack-Mikko, Eichel-Burky. Then you fill out the rest of the top six with relatively inexpensive, hardworking, defensive- minded types like Matt Calvert. The issue as I see it is that Eichel is still probably too expensive. Probably someone more in the vicinity of Sebastian Aho (in both talent and cost) would make a ton of sense but obviously that’s not on the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad